This is hands down our favorite way to cook flank steak (that is unless one of you has a recipe you think we should try). Seriously, click on that bottom picture to enlarge it and just check out how juicy the meat is. You guys are going to salivate over these carne asada street tacos. It’s so so flavorful and I love that light and cool queso fresco along with it. YUM!
To us a street taco is pretty basic, but oh so flavorful. You must do the Queso Fresco, Lime and Avocado with these tacos.
Are Street Tacos Made With Corn Tortillas?
Street tacos are usually made with small corn tortillas.
Are Tacos Fattening?
Corn tortillas are lower in fat and calories than flour tortillas.
Frying the tortilla adds fat and calories.
Tacos can be fairly healthy and low calorie when made with unfried corn tortillas.
Is There Another Name For Flank Steak?
Flank steak can also be called London Broil, or skirt steak.
Carne Asada Street Tacos
- 1 1/2-2 lbs Flank Steak
- 1/3 Cup Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce (we always use low sodium)
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Oregano
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 4-5 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- Queso Fresco
- 1 lime sliced in wedges
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- Corn tortillas
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine all ingredients and squish the bag to blend everything together.
- Add the flank steak and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat a medium skillet with 1-2 tablespoons oil over med-high heat until shimmering.
- Add the steak and brown for 4-5 min and flip for another 4-5 min. Flank steak does not have much fat so you really should serve this more like medium verses well done.
- Tent with foil on a plate or cutting board for 6-10 min.
- Slice thin
- Heat up corn tortillas on a grill pan and stuff with a little of everything and eat up!
Serving Size:1 recipe
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 2796 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 539.8mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 60.6g Fiber: 24.7g Sugar: 6.2g Protein: 187.5g