Are you looking for a homemade Quick and Easy pizza sauce recipe that tastes not only just as good as your favorite pizzeria but in fact it’s even better? This is it!
Can Pizza Sauce be Used as Pasta Sauce?
Pasta sauce usually has more water and less pulp. … Pizza sauce is usually uncooked canned tomato, with a touch of basil oregano salt and sometimes garlic.
These are the same ingredients used to prepare the spaghetti sauce: so, yes you can.
Over the years we’ve discovered that not all pizza sauce is created equal. There are definitely a few brands that I just don’t love their sauce, and we aren’t just talking Pizza Delivery, but store bought as well. They just aren’t right. We wanted to find an easy to make pizza sauce recipe that still tasted amazing even if it didn’t simmer on the stove for 3 days and have shipped from Italy tomatoes and herbs.
We found it. A homemade quick and easy pizza sauce recipe you can fall in love with.
We love this homemade quick and easy pizza sauce recipe because if we’re in a hurry we can use it right away and it only takes 5 minutes to make, but if we have time, we let it simmer for up to a couple of hours and the flavor just gets better and better.
We’ve been practicing and practicing to find our perfect homemade pizza sauce recipe, so let’s get into how to make it.
How Long Will Pizza Sauce Keep in the Fridge?
Tomato-based sauces are only good for five days to a week.
Don’t wait for the mold to form.
In many cases, you won’t see the mold in the sauce after five days, but it actually could be there.
How to Make Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
This sauce is not spicy like some restaurants do. That’s just not my style. I mean, a little kick is fine, and please feel free to give it a little more oomph if you need it, but this sauce is just magical perfection. I literally dipped a spoon and sampled a few times because it was so good. And it’s a quick and easy pizza sauce so you don’t have to stress!
Which Le Creuset to Buy
It all starts out with blooming your spices. Start with a little oil in a dutch oven or pot. You all know that we prefer to use a 2qt round dutch oven by Le Creuset because that coated cast iron turns out the perfect sauce every time and it’s the perfect size.
Adding your spices straight to the oil and butter brings them into contact with the heat which opens up their flavor even more.
The Best Homemade Quick and Easy Pizza Sauce Recipe
Oh my goodness, and the smell. It is intoxicating. Cade walked in and came crawling into the kitchen begging to know what smelled so amazing. I love when he does that.
And the best part is he actually finished the sauce and made it amazing with his secret ingredient, cheese. I swear, dairy makes the world go round. If ever in doubt, add a little cheese, right? A little parmesan made all the difference and now I’ll never have a store bought pizza sauce again, it’s all about the best homemade quick and easy pizza sauce recipe ever!
We tested the sauce, the dough, the cheese and even what the secret is to perfect pepperoni pizza and then told you all about it!
Homemade Quick and Easy Pizza Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter (optional or sub more olive oil if you're being healthier)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 3/4 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1/4-1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Basil, (I think the Gourmet Gardens tube from the produce department tastes better in this sauce) chopped *3/4 teaspoon Dried
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Oregano, chopped *1/2 Dried
- 2- 8oz Cans of Tomato Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 5 Tablespoons Fresh Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Warm Water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter and heat until almost shimmering.
- Add the garlic, stirring a few times around the pot and then quickly add the onion powder, red pepper flakes, basil and oregano.
- Stir a few times and allow the herbs to bloom.
- Add Parmesan Cheese, and brown sugar and then quickly dump in the tomato sauce, tomato paste and water.
- Stir to combine and bring to a light boil.
- Turn down to low, season to taste and allow to simmer for 1-2 hours for ultimate flavor or use immediately if needed.
This sauce can be stored in a sealed mason jar for up to 3 weeks.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1135 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 48.2mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 150.6g Fiber: 38.6g Sugar: 96.5g Protein: 57.1g