Darn you, Cade! He always helps me take things over the top which is wonderful, what a supportive husband. But it’s always over the top in an eat yourself silly kind of way. This was a #fatpants kind of meal so I’m just warning now, get out your stretchiest pants and forget the scale because nothing, and I mean nothing this football season can compete with Cade’s chorizo loaded cheesy potatoes. Well, and queso fundido with chorizo. Gosh that stuff is good.
The only disappointment for me is that they are a real beast to photograph. It’s so hard to show all of that cheesy goodness with the Mexican style ranch and roasted potatoes. I’ll keep trying and if I ever snag a better photo I’ll switch them out. Oh, and lest Cade take all the credit let’s remember the wife who thought up that ranch.
Cade started on it and then didn’t like it and wanted to ditch it completely. I insisted he let me take a swing and then he missed that I put it on them. I’m seriously smiling so big right now, I love when I’m right. Cade dug in to the potatoes and kept saying, what’s this sauce?! It’s amazing! It totally makes the potatoes! Also, make note that these must be roasted because they get those little crispy edges that are all kinds of fantastic to bite into.
I KNOW! I’M A GENIUS! Ok, not really because Cade is the one that threw on the chorizo and trust me, it’s the real star, but that’s how marriage is anyway right, we both bring something awesome to the table and brag the heck out of it. Oh, or practice humility… I’ll work on that.
What is Chorizo?
Chorizo is a type of spicy pork sausage.
Fresh chorizo is raw, made with ground pork, and resembles hot Italian sausage in texture and appearance.
Dry chorizo also looks like sausage, but more like cured sausages and salame.
Are Potatoes Healthy?
Potatoes are low in calories and loaded with important nutrients like potassium, fiber, vitamin C, and complex carbohydrates.
Potatoes are among the top sources of potassium.
Are Avocados Good For You?
Avocados are the only fruit that provides a substantial amount of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
Avocados also provide nutrients including folic acid and vitamins B6, C, E, and K.
Avocados are particularly rich in blood-pressure-lowering potassium and fiber.
Chorizo Loaded Cheesy Potatoes
For the Potatoes
- 6 Small Russet Potatoes, sliced in wedges
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 5-6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Smoked Paprika
For the Ranch
- 1 Cup Peppercorn Ranch (or regular for less spice)
- 3 TablespoonsTaco Seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1/2- 1 whole Lime, juiced
- 9 ounces Cacique Beef Chorizo, cooked and drained
- 1 Cup Medium Cheddar, grated
- 1 Cup Mozzarella, grated
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees and drizzle olive oil on a cookie sheet.
- Add the potatoes and sprinkle with kosher salt evenly over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika then toss the potatoes so they get evenly coated with spices and oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes, or until tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ranch, taco seasoning, sour cream, lime juice to taste.
- Place in a squeeze bottle and let sit in the fridge until you are ready for serving.
- Leaving the potatoes on the pan, sprinkle evenly with bothmedium cheddar and mozzarella cheeses and chorizo.
- Place back in the oven and increase the heat to broil.
- Broil everything until melty, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with avocado, queso fresco, drizzle with ranch and sprinkle the cilantro for garnish.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1067 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 118.8mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 74.6g Fiber: 14.7g Sugar: 3.3g Protein: 40.3g