Do Essential Oils Have Health Benefits?
Many people believe that essential oils have health benefits.
There is not enough scientific evidence to prove these claims, but many essential oils are helpful for overall health.
For instance, chamomile oil is good for skin care and is used at bedtime for its relaxing effects.
Peppermint oil helps relieve headaches and eases stomach upset and digestive issues.
Lavender oil is known for its relaxing effect.
Citrus oils are good for household cleaning and are soothing and relaxing.
Can You Use Essential Oils in Cooking?
Certain oils can be incredibly useful in the kitchen.
Essential oils are the concentrated essences of the natural oils found in plants.
When processed in a particular way, they are safe to use in cooking, just as you would use vanilla or almond extract to flavor food.
What Is A Substitute For Cream Cheese?
You can use 1 cup pureed cottage cheese or 1 cup plain yogurt that has been strained in cheese cloth instead of cream cheese in most recipes.
You could also substitute low fat or non fat cream cheese for regular cream cheese.
Doterra Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 6 Tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon Powdered Sugar, plus more for rolling the cookies in.
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 TeaspoonVanilla
- 1/4 TEaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 3/4 Cup Flour
- 15 drops of Lemon Doterra Essential Oils
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugars together until smooth.
- Add the essential oil drops, vanilla and eggs and mix again.
- In a separate bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients so they can become well incorporated into the dough.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop cookies onto a baking sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes, remove from the oven and dust with powdered sugar.
The amount of oil that you use will determine how lemony the cookies are, but remember that the dough will be stronger than the baked cookies.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 99 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 16.9mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 14.9g Fiber: 0.2g Sugar: 7.9g Protein: 1.3g