This easy 5 minute grilled or broiled asparagus recipe has a short ingredient list and even shorter cook time, but it’s our kids’ favorite side dish!
Remember how I used to be picky? Well, immediately after we had our first daughter we moved to California. California is beautiful, amazing weather (we lived in San Diego) and they have awesome produce. Which is great, unless you’re me and you don’t really care for all of those weird vegetables. Remember, this is the old me, the new me will devour veggies faster than anything else. Anyway, we had dinner at my sister in law’s house and I was informed she was making a really easy grilled lemon pepper asparagus recipe…
Dun, dun, duuuuuuuuun! How in the heck was I going to get out of this one?! We were all going to be eating dinner together in the back yard for heaven’s sake!!!! Wait, there was a dog. I for sure could slip one to the dog. Nope, I already was feeling sneaky and knew I couldn’t pretend to eat something and feed it to the dog without feeling horribly guilty. I was going to have to suck it up. And suck it up I did, and it was good. It was real good. And so began my veggie journey. That day I learned that grilled asparagus is bomb.com and since then I’ve converted my mother (you have heard that us Mormons like to convert people right? Kidding, kidding.) who always said asparagus was like a nasty weed growing by an old ditch. And now she even loves it. Booyah, baby!
Can You Eat Asparagus Raw?
Most people prefer cooked asparagus.
But, it is completely safe to eat asparagus raw.
You could combine raw asparagus with feta cheese, parmesan or radish.
Also, you can add a spear or two of asparagus to your fresh green smoothie.
Does Sea Salt Taste Different Than Table Salt?
The main difference between sea salt and table salt is the texture.
Sea salt has larger, flakier texture.
Easy Grilled Asparagus Recipe
Easy Grilled Asparagus
- 1 Bunch Asparagus, trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Kinders Buttery Garlic Seasoning, or seasoning of choice
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat a grill, or grill pan, over medium high heat. Or heat the oven to broil.
- In a dish, toss the trimmed asparagus (see related link at bottom of post for help trimming) with olive oil and the seasoning. Stir to combine and place on the grill or in a small cookie sheet in an oven turned to broil
- Grill turning occasionally until grill marks appear, about 2-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve!!