Just wait until that teriyaki sauce is dripping down your fingers as you bite into these Hawaiian Turkey Burgers Sliders!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Soy Vay. The opinions and text are all mine.
We do this every year. It’s the same story and I never seem to learn my lesson. We lose our pool supplies. Goggles? Nope, lost ’em. Pool rings? Seriously, where in the world could they be?! And sunscreen. How did I forget to buy sunscreen again? And so we trudge off to Walmart and don’t worry, I ended up bringing home those plastic cups with the lid and straws, two towels from the Pioneer Woman collection and NO GOGGLES. But more importantly I changed up dinner plans and bought everything we needed for Hawaiian Turkey Burgers Sliders.
That’s right, I still ended up with the important stuff. There were some really beautiful pineapples stacked up when we walked in the door so I had no choice but to buy them and then there were those darn Hawaiian Sweet Rolls and as soon as I turned the corner into the Asian section of Walmart a bottle of Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce got my attention (hello, NO preservatives, NO high fructose corn syrup, NO Artificial flavors and Kosher) so it was all happening.
I love cooking during the summer even though most people don’t want to. Everything is so fresh I can’t help it. So with those three things in my cart I had the brilliant idea to bust out sliders for dinner and the ground turkey burgers made me feel like it was even a little healthier even if it totally wasn’t thanks to all that cheese.
I’ll link up some of our other favorite burgers at the end of the post, and of course the ultimate, all time best meat combination for the juiciest burgers in town. The Soy Vay® Teriyaki sauce was a total slam dunk. Deliciously dripping out of the bun and down your fingers, good mercy it was good. And I didn’t have to make that part which as much as I love homemade I can’t help but snag convenience items because I’m still a tired mama even if cooking is my thing.
Are Turkey Burgers Healthier Than Beef?
If you want to go very lean, ground turkey breast is the leanest.
A 4-ounce cooked turkey burger (made from a combo of dark and light meat) has 193 calories, 11 grams of fat, 3 grams of saturated fat and 22 grams of protein.
There are 242 calories in a 4 0z. ground beef patty.
It contains 29 grams of protein and 8 gram of saturated fat.
Can Turkey Burgers Be Pink in the Middle?
Some parts of turkey can be cooked and look pink.
The only way to know for sure if it is done, is temperature.
Poultry should be cooked to 165 degrees.
Hawaiian Turkey Burgers Sliders
Hawaiian Turkey Burger Sliders
- 1.5 lbs Ground Turkey
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper minced
- 1/3 Cup Green Onions sliced
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Soy Vay® Teriyaki Sauce
- 1-2 Cups Peppers
- 6-8 Slices Cheese we used cheddar but Monterey or even Pepperjack would work
- 1 Pineapple sliced
- In a bowl, add the ground meat, jalapeno and green onions.
- Mix with a spoon and form into patties.
- Set aside on a plate.
- Heat the grill to high heat and add the peppers.
- Roast on each side for about 30 seconds or until grill marks appear.
- Remove to a cutting board and allow to rest for a minute, then slice.
- Using a paper towel dipped in oil, rub the grates of the grill and turn the heat to medium high.
- Sprinkle a small amount of salt and a little pepper on each side of the meat and add to the grill, promptly turning down to medium.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- If the meat is stuck to the grates, it's not ready so back away. Otherwise, flip the burgers and cook an additional 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the pineapple to the grill, flipping after 2 minutes.
- Remove to a plate once grill marks appear.
- The last minute of cooking the burgers, add a spoonful of sauce to each burger and then the cheese on top.
- Add the buns, cut side down to the grill for a minute or two or until warmed.
- Remove to a plate.
- Place the burger on the bottom bun followed by peppers, pineapple and another drizzle of sauce.
I may not be on a sandy beach but my burger makes me feel like I am!