Our favorite recipe for easy teriyaki chicken using grilled chicken thighs and the absolute best teriyaki sauce ever, ever, ever!
Cade loves sushi. Like, loves it. I think it is horrid. Wait, I know, you all love it too, but I just can’t jump on that bandwagon. I kind of want to, but at this point I’m just trying to find ways to survive. For example, I adore Cade and because he loves sushi I love going out with him for it. The only stinky part is that then I sit there with nothing to eat, so I generally try to get a teriyaki chicken bowl or something similar. I loved an easy teriyaki chicken bowl growing up and remember how I told you about our teriyaki chicken quesadillas? Yeah, pretty much delicious. So why have I never posted such an easy and delicious recipe?!
I think the real secret to teriyaki chicken, other than a good sauce is actually the meat you use. Everyone goes for breast meat, which is awesome a leaner, but it’s all about them thighs! Chicken thighs are more moist and work so well with the teriyaki sauce.
In fact, maybe I should ask if they could make a teriyaki chicken sushi roll!!! GENIUS! Oh, wait, except I don’t love the seaweed. Dagnabit! See! I’ve tried to like the stuff. Any recommendations on what kind I should try that would be better for me to ease into? And in the meantime, bust out our easy teriyaki chicken bowl for the fam!
Is Teriyaki Sauce Gluten Free?
The most common source of gluten in teriyaki sauce is the soy sauce.
Most soy sauces, unless labeled gluten-free, contain wheat as well as soybeans, salt and water.
What Can You Substitute For Rice In Teriyaki Chicken?
If you want to make your dish healthier, you can serve Teriyaki Chicken on brown rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice or lettuce wrap.
What is Quinoa?
Quinoa is a flowering plant with edible seeds.
One cup of cooked quinoa has about 40 fewer calories than the same amount of white rice.
White rice has almost 15 times more grams of carbohydrates, and quinoa provides 5 more grams of fiber and double the protein.
More TERIYAKI Recipes:
- Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
- Teriyaki Chicken Pasta Salad
- Teriyaki Beef Casserole
- Chicken Noodles
- Teriyaki Pina Colada Burger
- Teriyaki Veggie Bowl
- Easy Teriyaki Chicken Salad
- Teriyaki Beef Wrap
- Teriyaki Chicken Quesadilla
- Pina Colada Teriyaki Chicken Strips
- All our family friendly ASIAN INSPIRED RECIPES here!
Easy Teriyaki Chicken
Easy Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the water, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, honey and ground ginger.
- Heat to a boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk the water and corn starch together then slowly whisk into the sauce.
- Allow the sauce to continue cooking at a soft boil for 1-3 minutes or until thick.
- Set aside
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle each side of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Allow to rest on a plate for 2 minutes and cut into slices.
- Serve over rice with sauce.