We had some fabulous friends over for dinner one night and when I saw the mounds of leftovers I asked what the heck I was going to do with everything. She replied with, “Make it into soup!” ohhhhh well aren’t you a genius! So, I did. IT WAS YUM! Nothing like good friends who help give you a little inspiration!
Can Enchilada Sauce Be Frozen?
Yes, you can freeze enchilada sauce.
When the sauce is completely cool, put it in an airtight container or even a zip lock freezer bag and freeze.
Can Enchiladas Be Made Ahead?
You can assemble the enchiladas up to two days ahead, cover, refrigerate, and bake them before serving.
Or, you can even assemble enchiladas and freeze them for up to 3 months.
They should be wrapped in plastic wrap and then foil and kept in the freezer until ready to bake.
Honey Lime Enchilada Soup
- 2 Cups Chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Diced Green Chiles
- 1 Cup Spanish Rice, cooked
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 2 Cans Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Place chicken, honey, lime juice, chili powder, and garlic in a bowl for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Dump everything including the chicken in a crock pot or soup pot and cook on low until heated through.
- Serve with tortilla chips, cheese and extra cilantro
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1876 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 210mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 279.5g Fiber: 7.4g Sugar: 101.7g Protein: 87.1g