This cute kids chocolate starfish snack requires no baking and is made with healthy ingredients. It’s a fun and easy activity to do with kids in the kitchen.
It’s Abeer here from Cakewiz.com and today, I am sharing these adorable starfish snacks for kids.
If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen me, making these with my little munchkin and having a blast!
There were sprinkles everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE! lol.
He starts preschool again in a few days and has already requested these for an after school snack on his first day…hehe 🙂
Anyways, these starfish bites are really easy to make.
All you need to do is prepare your favorite homemade granola bar mixture and then use a star shaped cutter to cut out little starfish pieces.
Dip them in melted chocolate, toss a few sprinkles, add some facial features to give them some sass and style and VOILA! This recipe is almost as fun and easy as this Edible Playdough.
Can Granola Bars Go Bad?
- Properly stored, a package of granola bars will generally stay at best quality for about 6 to 8 months.
Can You Freeze Granola?
Granola can be stored in an airtight container, in a cool, dry spot for six months (sometimes longer).
You can also freeze granola and granola bars just as you would cookies or other treats — wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and/or in resealable freezer bag.
If you want to keep these granola bites on the healthier side, use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate and replace sprinkles with shredded coconut.
Or perhaps just cover them in crushed graham crackers or even coarsely chopped nuts…
Kids Chocolate Starfish Snack
Kids Chocolate Starfish Snack
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey, + 1 tbsp
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup melted chocolate
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- additional eyes, bows and mouth sprinkles
- star shaped cookie cutters, big and small
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix them until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and chill this mixture for an hour so that it’s easier to handle.
- Dump this mixture onto a sheet of wax paper and pat it down with your hands.
- Use star shaped cookie cutters to cut out small pieces.
- TipIf you spray the cutters with oil, the mixture is easy to remove from the cutters. Dip the starfish pieces in melted chocolate and place them on a sheet of wax paper. Before the chocolate has a chance to set, toss some sprinkles and stick the eyes, bow and mouth. When the chocolate finally hardens, place them in a box at room temperature or the fridge and enjoy!
After school cinnamon snack apples
Maybe a different name would suit this better, considering a chocolate starfish is a term for butthole.
Hi Laurel. All the sprinkles used in these starfishes are from the Wilton brand. Some are seasonal. I just buy them whenever I see them at Party City…heheh.
Where did you get the bow sprinkles? What brand? So cute. Thank you