How Can You Tell If A Mango Is Ripe?
You should gently squeeze it to tell if a mango is ripe.
A ripe mango will give slightly, so you know the inside flesh is soft and ripe.
Are Mangos Good For You?
Mango is high in vitamin C, fiber and pectin making it a perfect fruit that helps in controlling high cholesterol level.
Mango is also good for your skin.
What Kind Of Rice Is Sticky Rice?
Sticky rice is a different type of grain than other types of rice.
Sticky rice should be steamed, not boiled.
Look for long-grain Thai sticky rice in your grocery store.
Mango Sweet Rice
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Mango Sweet Rice
Recipe by Scrumptious.typepad.com
- 1 1/2 Cups Rice Long-grain Sticky
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk Unsweetened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 6 Mangoes Ripe
- Soak the sticky rice for a few hours.
- Drain it and transfer to a steamer basket (or rice cooker).
- Place steamer basket over several inches of water in a saucepan or base of the steamer.
- Bring the water to a boil over med-high heat.
- Cover and cook, adjusting heat to maintain a steady steam flow until the rice swells and glistens and is sticky enough to pinch into lumps, 30-45 min.
- While the rice is steaming combine coconut milk, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan over med. heat.
- Cook and stir gently for 3-4 min. Make sure the sugar and salt are dissolved and remove from heat.
- When the rice is cooked, transfer to a bowl and pour the sweetened mixture over the top and stir gently to combine.
- Cover and set aside for at least 30 min and as long as 3 hours.
- Peel the mangoes and cut into chunks to serve with rice.
- Serve rice at room temp.