We have a little love affair with Biscoff. And by “we” I mean mostly our youngest. She looooves biscoff. I love it too, but dang that girl, she wants it on a piece of bread for breakfast and lunch every day. I know it will wear off pretty quickly that’s how kids are, they eat something every day for like a whole month straight and then suddenly not only do they not want it but they say they don’t even like it. Yeah, not my favorite thing about kids and their eating habits, but whatevs. Anyway, in an effort to make something a little more fun than just bread and biscoff I made this whole wheat biscoff banana muffins recipe with chocolate chips and guess what, my husband, our oldest and I have never loved another muffin more, well maybe these whole wheat strawberry muffins are pretty up there but this is our favorite. And I’ll let you guess what our biscoff lover said…
“I don’t like it.” WHAT?! What do you mean you don’t like it?! It’s whole wheat, just like our bread, it has bananas which you love to dip in biscoff, and it has blasted chocolate chips!!! I give up. And I give up with a muffin in each hand and one already stuffed into my cheeks because I’m not kidding, we loved them that much. In fact, because we had to many Cade and I would joke every day, “Muffin time?!” and then enjoy a special little before dinner snack. They are seriously wonderful, so take that you sweet little stinker! They are delicious!
Is Whole Wheat Healthier Than White Flour?
Whole wheat offers more nutrients than white flour.
Whole wheat flour hasn’t been stripped of the nutrients and fiber that’s naturally found in wheat, so it offers more nutrition than white flour.
What Is Biscoff?
Biscoff spread is a spread or butter made from biscoff cookiers.
It has a kind of caramel flavor.
Can Muffins Be Baked Without Paper Liners?
You can make cupcakes and muffins and remove them from the pans easily without using paper liners.
Just be sure that you thoroughly grease the bans before baking.
Whole Wheat Biscoff Banana Muffins
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup biscoff
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, mix together the butter and greek yogurt.
- Add the biscoff and honey and beat until well combined.
- Next, add in the sugars and vanilla and mix again for about 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add a little to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Turn off the mixer and add a little banana mash and mix again.
- Continue alternating between the four and banana mixture until you end with the banana.
- Add the chocolate chips and spoon into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 215 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 36.1g Fiber: 2.2g Sugar: 21.7g Protein: 3.3g