Copycat Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad
I am not really into chain restaurants other than like Cafe Rio, or the rolls at Texas Roadhouse. I just feel like as soon as the restaurant branches out it turns into reheated entrees and wilty lettuce. I’m definitely more into making the favorites from home which is why I bring you this copycat Applebee’s oriental chicken salad.
My parents totally used to take us to Applebee’s. Well, not very often, maybe a total of 3-4 times, but I’m quite certain the only reason we went was because mom liked the oriental chicken salad and those blonde brownies. I need to make a copycat for those too.
We already have a few copycat recipes on the site so I’ll go ahead and leave photos and links at the bottom of the post in case you want to try a few other favorites. This is another good one you’ll want to pin on pinterest so you don’t lose it!
- 4 Frozen Chicken Strips, baked or THIS recipe for crunchy chicken fingers
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1½ Tablespoons good quality Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ⅛ Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Pinch of Ground Ginger
- Salt to taste
- ¼ Cup Chow Mein Noodles
- 1 Cup Red Cabbage, chopped
- 1 Cup Napa Cabbage, chopped
- 2 Cups Romaine, chopped
- 1 Cup Iceburg Lettuce, chopped
- ½ Cup Matchstick Carrots (I buy them prepackaged)
- 2 Tablespoons Sliced Almonds
- Cook the chicken according to directions. Set aside.
- In a blender, add all ingredients and blend until smooth. Store in a mason jar in the fridge until service.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuces with the carrots and cabbage. Top with almonds and chow mein noodles, then the chicken and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.