A great dinner idea to take to someone with a new baby or a family friendly meal is this crock pot cafe rio chicken copycat recipe served with cilantro lime rice!
Ok, so if you live in Utah there are probably 3 Mexican fast food chains that you try to copy their chicken or pork. (Mostly the pork, but I’ll do that one later.) This Crock Pot Cafe Rio Chicken Copycat recipe is seriously so good and if you don’t want to do a salad then turn it into a burrito!!
This chicken is one of those life saver crock pot (slow cooker) recipes. Kinda like this regular Crock Pot Chicken. I love that you can throw everything together in less than 5 minutes, let it cook all day and then feel like a hero as you serve it to your family. The only thing you really need to watch out for is how darn much the recipe makes.
Watch the full video here:
Scale that sucker back! It’s too much chicken for just our little family! However, that usually means it’s a great opportunity to invite someone over to surprise a neighbor with dinner. And I’m definitely all about that.
How to Make Cafe Rio Chicken in an Instant Pot
This copycat recipe for cafe rio chicken could totally be made in an instant pot as well. To make chicken in an instant pot just set it to the poultry setting for about 6 minutes, release the pressure and serve! If the breasts are frozen you’ll want to increase the time to 10 minutes.
More Crock Pot Recipes:
- Crock Pot Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili
- Slow Cooker Smothered BBQ Beef
- Tender Crock Pot Whole Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Mexican Chicken
- Slow Cooker Potato Broccoli Corn Chowder with Bacon
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs in the Slow Cooker
- Asian Sticky Slow Cooker Ribs
- Chili Sauce and Grape Jelly Slow Cooker Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Korean BBQ Beef
- Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken
- All our CROCKPOT and SLOW COOKER recipes here!