It’s almost here and I have no idea what to do about Halloween costumes, but I do know that this 5 Minute Halloween Snack Mix is totally happening!
What are your kids going to dress up as for Halloween this year? While you think on it, don’t drool over this 5 Minute Halloween Snack Mix…
I’m totally and completely drawing a blank for ideas this year. Cade is totally not up for this whole dressing up thing this year. Which is fine, 9/10 men aren’t, don’t you think? Last year we were Maverick and Charlie from Top Gun and I thought that it was so cute and fun until we started walking around the block with our kids to Trick or Treat.
Don’t worry, everyone thought that I was our darling neighbor, which is fine, she’s beautiful but totally not the blonde I was going for. Haha! Now that I think about it, maybe I should have Cade and I actually dress up as them this year!!!
We’ve tossed around the idea of being Chip and Joanna Gaines, the Beckhams, maybe Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake when they matched in all denim?
You can see why Cade isn’t super interested.
I need to keep thinking.
In the meantime, do you dress up for halloween or is that just a kid thing?
Halloween Snack for a Party
Every time there’s a Halloween party or even worse, a school Halloween party I stress over what to take. You see, I don’t do cute, and Cade DEFINITELY doesn’t do cute, but pinterest makes you feel like you totally have to. So what’s a good Halloween snack for a party that doesn’t have to be all cute and decorated?
5 Minute Halloween Snack Mix!
Guess what, your guests and the kids at school will like it way better than a jello mold brain with fake blood. I mean, that is pretty cool actually, but listen, this will taste better and only take 5 minutes!!
What to Put in a Halloween Snack Mix
Halloween snack mixes can have anything you like in them. Our Reese’s Snack Mix is a great option if you aren’t into the candy corn thing, but the kids really go crazy for this one.
- Candy Corn
- Halloween Shaped Pretzels (we found them at Target)
- Salted Peanuts
- Halloween M&Ms (also found at Target
- Candy Pumpkins
Substitutes for Halloween Snack Mix
Looking for different options for your Halloween Snack Mix? Try some of these!
- Caramel Corn
- Chocolate Chips
Halloween Snack for the Classroom
Halloween Snack for the classroom ideas don’t have to be a huge hassle either. So even if you don’t make our 5 minute Halloween Snack Mix you could totally make one of these great ideas.
- Ghost String Cheese- draw ghost faces on string cheese wrappers
- Jack-O-Lantern Mandarin Oranges- draw scary faces on mini mandarin orange packs
- Graveyard Cups- Fill clear cups with chocolate pudding and cookie crumbs and stick gummy worms in the cup. Stand up a mint milano cookie as the tombstone.
- Frankenstein Cups- Green Jello Cups with a Frankenstein face
- Mummy Nutterbutters- Drizzle white chocolate over nutter butters and place two mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
Halloween Snack Ideas Recipes
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.
5 Minute Halloween Snack Mix
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
5 Minute Halloween Snack Mix
- 3 Cups Pretzels Halloween
- 16 ounce Candy Candy Corn
- 16 ounce Candy Candy Pumpkins
- 16 ounce Salted Peanuts
- 1 Candy M&Ms, Family Size Bag of Halloween
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Store leftovers in a freezer bag or Tupperware in the pantry.