Mmmm, salty, crisp mini pretzels topped off with soft and silky chocolates with an M&M on top! These Christmas M&M pretzel hugs are the most addicting Christmas snack!
It’s one of those non-recipes so I know you don’t technically need a recipe card for our Christmas M&M Pretzel Hugs but it might come in handy.
You see, every year our teenager sets out to make little chocolate pretzels and every year I cannot remember what I set the oven to. So, yes, they are easy and take no instruction at all, but then again, if you’re losing your marbles like I am….
The best part about this Christmas Party Snack is that you can use whatever you’d like:
- Regular Kisses
- Candy Cane Kisses
- Cookies and Creme Kisses
How to Make M&M Pretzel Hugs
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper in case any chocolate melts through the pretzels. (PS I cannot live without my silpats. I have more than I can count and they are life changing in cookie making especially.)
- Place pretzels in lines and top each with a Hershey’s Hug.
- Heat the oven and place the pan in the oven for a few minutes.
- Once the chocolate is shiny but still has a little consistency pull them out and quickly top with an m&m
- Allow to set up completely before eating.
How to Store Pretzel Hugs
Store cooled and hard pretzel hug snacks in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Refrigeration can soften the pretzels so it’s not recommended.
Oh Sweet Basil Pro Tip!
Make sure you test the chocolate before you pull them from the oven as sometimes only the tip of the chocolate has melted and the m&m is standing too high.
Gently press the m&m onto a chocolate with the oven open and if it presses the chocolate down into a soft mound without totally making a puddle you’re ready to go!
To Correct a Problem
If the chocolate is too melted let them stand in a cool place to start to solidify again before pressing in the chocolate.
Are Pretzels Gluten Free?
Pretzels are not gluten free unless you buy the gluten free pretzels.
Are Pretzels Dairy Free?
Pretzels are almost always dairy free but it’s best to double check the packaging just in case.
Are Pretzels Healthy?
Pretzels are a salty-carb. Not really a healthy snack as they are not full of many vitamins and minerals.
That being said, if you’re trying to decide between pretzels or chips, yes, go pretzels.
Are Hershey Hugs Chocolate?
Hershey’s hugs are made with chocolate and white chocolate so it’s not a pure, good quality chocolate like some others, but it’s still a chocolate candy.
What Is The Difference Between Hershey Hugs and Kisses?
A Hershey’s hug has both white and milk chocolate and it’s swirled like the two are giving each other a hug. Awwwwww.
What says Merry Christmas more than a kiss or hug? Put that sweet kiss or hug on a pretzel with an M&M on top and you have Christmas M&M pretzel hugs that are irresistible!
More Christmas Snacks
- 5 Minute Christmas Snack Mix
- Peanut Butter Pretzels
- M&M Chocolate Pizza
- Nutter Butter Snowmen
- Salted Caramel Milk Chocolate Pretzels
Christmas M&M Pretzel Hugs
- 15 oz. Pretzels, Pretzels snaps (square pretzels), original flavor
- 24 oz. Chocolate Candy Hugs, Hershey candy Hugs
- 12 oz. M&M candy, Christmas M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place a kiss on each pretzel on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 4 minutes or until the chocolate is shiny and can be pressed with an m&m without completely standing but not melting all over either.
- Allow to set completely in a cool, dry place.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.