We cannot stop munching on these salted caramel pretzel snaps! They only take a couple of ingredients and no time at all to make!
I have been sitting here forever trying to figure out a name for these things because they are kind of like those “turtle” chocolates people make except not because there are not nuts and the chocolate is on the bottom not a shell on top. Bites? But it’s a little more than a bite and truffles clearly wouldn’t work as they are nothing like a truffle. Snaps? I mean, they do snap when you bite them. And trust me, they are addicting little salted caramel pretzel snaps!
Our friend, Aaron gave us a try of a little salted caramel pretzel snaps treat at his house one night, but I haven’t ever seen them at the store, so I was stuck to make my own and I’m happy to say it’s the fastest recipe ever!
Quick and Easy Holiday Treat
I don’t even know if I should be calling it a recipe as there’s not really much to it. In fact, I was trying to hurry so I put two pieces of parchment out, one for me and one for our 10 year old and 6 year old. The 10 year old did the chocolate and caramel and the 6 year old placed pretzels and sprinkled salt. I chose to photograph their’s just to prove it could be done by a child.
Candy making was a whole process at my house growing up. We made gobs and gobs of candies, turtles, peanut butter balls, coconut balls, chocolate pizza, and more! It was such a fun time and I loved helping it.
Salted Caramel Pretzel Snaps
It makes me a little sad to think about how I didn’t realize just what a special opportunity it was to be surrounded by family in a safe, loving home and to just be a carefree kid. I know that it’s like that for most kids, but I regret not taking more advantage of being a family. Now we all live far apart and holidays are often spent alone because it’s too far to travel to everyone. Such a bummer. But at least we can make our treats with our own families not and keep the tradition going.
It only takes a couple of ingredients but these peanut butter balls look gourmet!
Salted Caramel Pretzel Snaps
- 3 bars Milk Chocolate Almond Bark, melted (a 14 ounce package has bars in 2 ounces each so you would need 3 bars or 6 ounces of chocolate)
- 1/2 Bag Mini pretzels
- 1/2 bag Caramel squares, melted or more as needed. I also use a hunk of Peter's Caramel Brick from Orson Gygi
- Sea salt
- Lay out wax or parchment paper, using a spoon, drizzle a little chocolate on the paper and smooth it out a little with the back of the spoon like you are painting a circle.
- Drop three pretzels, slightly overlapping onto the chocolate and spoon a little melted caramel over all three.
- Sprinkle with a little sea salt and then drizzle a little more chocolate.
- Let set and store in Tupperware.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 29 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 47mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Protein: 1g