This peach caprese salad with balsamic glazed grilled chicken is a fresh new spin on your classic caprese salad with fresh peaches, cherries and mozzarella paired with perfectly grilled balsamic chicken!
What is a Balsamic Glaze?
Balsamic glaze is the result of the blend of balsamic vinegar and a sweetener, such as honey, maple syrup, or brown sugar, that has been cooked down until it forms into this amazingly scrumptious thick, syrupy concoction.
Hey you guys! It’s Erin, back visiting from The Wooden Skillet! I am so excited to be sharing this amazing summer salad with you – this Easy Peach Caprese Salad with Grilled Balsamic Chicken is so fresh and flavorful – I can’t wait for you guys to try it!
How to Grill Chicken
I get this question ALL the time! How do you grill that perfect piece of chicken? No worries, you guys, it really is not difficult at all – promise! Now, I know grilling has a bit of an intimidation factor (for some people). But you guys can totally do it – I know it. So, here are the basics on how to grill chicken:
- Make sure your grill grates are clean.
- Season chicken light with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill over direct medium heat (direct just means directly over the flames on the main grate as opposed to off to the side or up on a shelf).
- A 6oz. boneless chicken breast will need to cook for a total of 8-12 minutes, being flipped over once or twice.
- The internal temp of a safely cooked chicken is 165 degrees. I would highly recommend getting an internal meat thermometer, it really is the only way to really know if your chicken is cooked all the way.
- Once fully cooked remove and let rest for 2-3 minutes.
Does Grilled Chicken Need to Rest?
A lot of juices build up during cooking.
If you cut your chicken right after you take it out of the pan, those juices will leak right out.
However, if you let it rest for 5 minutes (hint: you can tent it with foil to keep it warm), then those juices will have a chance to reabsorb into the meat and stay there while you cut it.
Wasn’t that easy?! Just by doing those simple steps you are almost done with this beautiful balsamic glazed grilled chicken salad already!
How do You Reheat Grilled Chicken?
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line a baking sheet with a large piece of aluminum foil.
The foil should be large enough to extend beyond the sides of the baking sheet.
Place the chicken in the center of the baking sheet.
Pull the sides of the aluminum foil up and wrap the chicken tightly with the foil.
What about that balsamic glaze?
Balsamic Glaze is such a beautiful thing. It jazzes up any ordinary recipe into something even better. And that drizzle over the fresh peach and the hot-off-the-grill chicken? Yes, please! So where do you get balsamic glaze? Can you make it at home?
The answers are Yes and Yes! Most major grocery stores sell pre-packages balsamic glaze near the salad dressings. Buuuut, you CAN make it on your own. I actually have a foul-proof recipe for Sweet Balsamic Glaze over on The Wooden Skillet! It is so easy and can save you a good little chuck of money!
And yes, I did two different photo shoot set-ups ? I absolutely LOVE food photography and sometimes I just can’t help myself…. especially when the food is this gorgeous!
This salad has officially been put on my families summer dinner rotation! It is a great way to use some of those beautiful summer fruits from the store or farmer’s market! Just another reason it is the perfect summer salad!
Grilled Honey Lemon Basil ChickenContinue Reading
Grilled Hawaiian Chicken [+ Video]Continue Reading
Grilled Sweet and Sour ChickenContinue Reading
Grilled Orange Tarragon ChickenContinue Reading
Grilled Chicken with Lemon Cream SauceContinue Reading
Easy Grilled ChickenContinue Reading
Quick Grilled Chicken with Oregano RecipeContinue Reading
Tuscan Grilled Chicken KabobsContinue Reading
Sticky Asian Grilled Chicken Breasts [+ Video]Continue Reading
Sweet and Saucy Grilled Chicken ThighsContinue Reading
Garlic Parmesan Grilled Chicken WingsContinue Reading
Sticky Honey Lime Grilled Chicken [+ Video]Continue Reading
Asian Ginger Marinade for Grilled ChickenContinue Reading
Balsamic Glazed Grilled Chicken
- 2 6oz boneless chicken breasts
- 4 Tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 1 peach, sliced
- 1 cup mini mozzarella balls
- 20 cherries, halved and pitted
- 3 cups spinach mix
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Put 1 1/2 Tablespoons of the balsamic glaze in a small dish.
- Grill chicken over direct medium heat for 8-12 minutes, turning once or twice, until chicken reaches an internal temp of 165.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, lightly brush a coating of balsamic glaze from your small dish onto the chicken and let cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from grill and let rest 2-3 minutes.
- Take spinach mixture and place 1 1/2 cups in each bowl.
- Slice chicken and place on top of spinach, along with some peaches, cherries and mozzarella balls.
- Drizzle with additional balsamic glaze, if desired.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g
If you are looking for other creative, fresh and healthy(ish) recipes – come visit me at The Wooden Skillet!
And if you are diggin healthy, weeknight dinners – check out this Crispy Pan-Seared Salmon + Charred Broccoli and Brussel Sprouts!
Otherwise, this Easy Teriyaki Chicken Salad is AMAZING!