How can you not love a hubby who not only makes you dinner occasionally, but chooses recipes like Chicken Piccata? Now, I will tell you all that I “secretly” think he went a little overboard with the parsley on top and though you can’t see it there is actually the sauce all over it too. Oh! And did I mention he also took the picture so I wouldn’t have to worry about it?! Love him.
Ok enough about hubs, on to the chicken! This was seriously so so yummy. I am a huge fan of the crunchy little bits from the pan. So yum. Oh and also the lemon with the salty capers… mmmmmmmm. I hope you all try this out because I seriously devoured it.
Way to go hubby!!!
Recipe by Giada
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to plate.
- Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner.
- Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
- Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers.
- Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor.
- Check for seasoning.
- Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken to platter.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
Yield: , Serving Size: 1 recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 1877 Calories
- Total Fat: 170.8g
- Cholesterol: 409.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 12.5g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sugar: 4.3g
- Protein: 77.8g