This One Pan honey turmeric chicken recipe is so simple, and it has saved me on those busy weeknights when I need to get something quickly on the table. And BONUS…it’s healthy too!
Awhile back I was in a total dinner rut. The stress of moving, not finding a house to buy, new city, new schools, not finding doctors, not knowing my way around etc. was taking its toll and I was feeling a bit tired. So I just simplified literally everything. Starting with meals. I needed more time sitting with my family and less time grocery shopping and cooking. This sheet pan recipe takes only 20 minutes!
I think we made this dinner once a week for over a month until I finally decided it should be on the blog. It’s totally adaptable with what veggies you use and could even be made into a Buddha bowl.
Ingredients for Honey Turmeric Chicken
You aren’t going to believe how simple this recipe is when it comes to the ingredients. This is why it has become a regular on our dinner rotation. I am all about quick and easy recipes these days! Here is what you will need:
For the Chicken
- Chicken Thighs: boneless, skinless, cut into bite size pieces
- Flour: just all purpose flour, helps form a crust on the chicken when you cook it
- Turmeric: adds all the flavor and bold, beautiful color
- Salt: adds flavor
- Pepper: adds a little heat and great flavor, chicken always needs salt and pepper!
- Asparagus: wash the asparagus and snap off the root end, then cut them into 1″ pieces
- Zucchini: gently wash the zucchini and then slice it into 1/4-1/2″ disks
- Lemon: this is totally optional but can be added if you wanted the added burst of flavor
For the Sauce
- Water: base for the sauce
- Honey: adds natural sweetness and pairs so perfectly with the turmeric
- Black Pepper: adds flavor to the sauce and little bit of heat
- Salt: adds flavor and enhances the sweetness
- Rice Vinegar (unseasoned): adds a perfect tang to the sauce and can be substituted with lemon juice if you prefer
The recipe card at the end of the post contains the measurements of all the ingredients as well as instructions for how to make this recipe.
What is Turmeric?
Turmeric is a spice in the ginger family that originates in Southeast Asia and is one of the main ingredients in curry powder. It is a deep yellow-orange color that adds exotic flavor, nutrition and bold color to any meal.
Where Do You Buy Turmeric?
Turmeric can be found at any grocery store on the spice aisle. They also have it at Costco. If you can’t find it by the spices for some reason, you can usually find it in the health supplement aisle.
What are the Health Benefits of Turmeric?
The main active ingredient in turmeric is a compound called curcumin which has proven benefits as an anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and as an antioxidant and it also supports brain health and wound healing. Turmeric is also considered a super food.
Can I Use Chicken Breasts Instead of Thighs?
You can totally swap the thighs for chicken breasts if you want. We love using thighs because of the great flavor, but if you want a little leaner meat, then go with chicken breasts for sure!
Ideas for Vegetable Substitutes
If zucchini or asparagus aren’t family favorites, then here some other options:
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Beans
- Potatoes (parboil them first)
Why You Will Love This Chicken Recipe
- Easy: Most of the ingredients for this recipe will be items you already have in the pantry. The process for making the dish couldn’t be more simple and you only need one sheet pan! You also get your protein and vegetables all in one dish.
- Quick: You will have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- Flavor: The flavor of turmeric is so amazing and it tastes so good when it is paired with honey.
- Family Friendly: The whole family will love this recipe. We almost never have leftovers.
Storing, Freezing and Reheating Chicken
Honey turmeric chicken with vegetables will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Be sure to put it in an airtight container.
This recipe also does really well in the freezer. Store it in an airtight container or ziploc bag. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If the chicken is frozen, let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator. To reheat the chicken, place everything on a sheet pan and warm it in the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit until heated through (about 5-10 minutes).
Tips for Making the Best Honey Turmeric Chicken
There are a few things you can do to have the most success with this recipe, starting with cutting the chicken into the similar sizes. This will help the chicken to cook evenly.
When you add the chicken and veggies to the sheet pan, make sure the pan isn’t overcrowded. If it’s overcrowded, everything will steam rather than roasting.
Honey turmeric chicken is a wholesome and healthy dinner recipe that is beautiful to look at and even more stunning to eat! It takes less than 30 minutes to have dinner on the table and the whole family will love it!
More Easy Chicken Recipes to Try:
- Bourbon Chicken
- Tender Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
- Grilled Hawaiian Chicken
- Easy Instant Pot Honey Chicken
- One-Pan Creamy Lemon Chicken
- Italian Dressing Chicken
- Braised Dijon Chicken and Potatoes
- Panko Crusted Chicken with Lemon Cream Sauce
- Quick and Easy Cornflake Ranch Chicken
- Easy Teriyaki Chicken
Sheet Pan Honey Turmeric Chicken with Asparagus and Zucchini
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Thighs, boneless skinless, cut into 1" pieces
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch Asparagus , trimmed into 1" pieces
- 2 Zucchinis, cut into 1/4-1/2" slices
For the Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 3/4 teaspoon Rice Vinegar (unseasoned), or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- In a small measuring cup, whisk together the water, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add the flour, turmeric, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Add in the chicken and use your hand to toss to coat evenly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add oil to a baking sheet, add the chicken and vegetables and bake for 15-20 minutes. See notes for cooking on the stove top.
- Stir in the sauce until the chicken and veggies are coated for the last 2 minutes.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.