Crisp Black Bean Vegetarian Tacos sound a little boring, and I get that, but you’d be missing out if you didn’t try them. The flavor is incredible!!
These crisp black bean vegetarian tacos are definitely worth a try. Yes, I said black. bean. taco. Not chicken taco, not fish taco, not even a ground beef or ground turkey taco. Black. bean. taco. I know what you’re thinking, because I was thinking it too. We aren’t big fans of coleslaw at our house and the no meat thing was really kind of putting me on edge but these crisp black bean tacos were surprisingly simple and absolutely delicious!
I know, you’re still asking “what about the meat??!!” Because really, what’s a taco without meat in it? Well, after making these I have to admit once again, I was wrong. Let me tell you, these were the absolute perfect solution for our hungry tummies. They are so easy to make and perfect for a 5 min dinner. Yes, that’s all it takes. Read it again if you need to but these little babies really do take only five minutes to prepare. What’s not to love about that?! This recipe is so simple but really packs a lot of flavor. (You definitely won’t feel like you’re eating cardboard in a tortilla like some other bean recipes I’ve seen).
You could even add some of your additional favorite taco toppings to make them even more delicious. These little babies are perfect for busy nights when you just don’t have time to cook or hot summer evenings when the last thing you want to do is spend hours preparing a meal and heating up your kitchen. Plus, you might have everything in your pantry and fridge already!
What Kind Of Beans Are A Substitute For Black Beans?
There really isn’t a good substitute for black beans, because of their high protein content.
Pinto beans are similar in texture and taste.
Great Northern beans will also work, but the color will not be the same.
Are Corn Tortillas Healthier Than Flour Tortillas?
Corn tortillas are usually smaller than flour tortillas, making them lower in calories.
Corn tortillas are made with whole grain, which is higher in fiber and contains a variety of vitamins and minerals that make them a healthier choice than refined grains.
What Nutrients Are In Avocados?
Avocados are a good source of vitamins C, E, K, and B-6.
They are also a good source of potassium and other minerals.
Crisp Black Bean Vegetarian Tacos
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 Avocado, Chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 white or yellow corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Bottled chipotle hot sauce or other hot sauce
- Place beans and cumin in small bowl; partially mash.
- Mix 2 teaspoons olive oil and lime juice in medium bowl; add coleslaw, avocado, tomato, and cilantro and toss to coat.
- Season slaw to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat 3 teaspoons olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tortillas in single layer.
- Spoon 1/4 of bean mixture onto half of each tortilla; cook 1 minute.
- Fold tacos in half. Cook until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Fill tacos with feta and slaw and eat up!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 183 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6.8g Sugar: 1.1g Protein: 5.8g