Chocolate and strawberries belong together. It’s truth. It’s fact. Everyone needs something a bit wonderful, and this chocolate-strawberry pizza is truly wonderful. Remember how I told you about our Fajita Burgers and the delicious dessert? Well, this is it. Grilled Naan, delicious nutella, and fresh strawberries. The best part about this nutella strawberry pizza is that fresh off the grill, the nutella gets all melty and delicious. Mmmmmm melty…
I made this chocolate pizza a few weeks ago with my darling, dear friend, Deborah, from Taste and Tell. We met quite a while ago, but go to know each other much better at EVO’12. Isn’t that how many friendships come about? Something brings you into the same place and you discover all of the things you have in common.
Deborah came over one day to talk blogging and photography. She’s truly fantastic with food and photo, so I of course had to pick her brain. We had such a great time talking and a few weeks later when I needed something delicious for dessert I immediately went back to this.
I’m actually sitting here writing this post and thinking about my hubby. He loves Nutella. And I love him. Awwww. But seriously, he loves a good crepe smothered in nutella, and trust me, he loves this recipe too. It’s kind of funny actually. When Cade and I met, the poor guy was totally sugar free. Yup. He was a huge health nut and had no need for sugary treats. He was the Student Fitness Director at BYU-Idaho and he lived and breathed fitness.
In fact, and I love to remind him of this, he actually turned down my Caramel Brownies. (Yes, you’ve seen them all over the web lately, “Knock you naked brownies”, “the best brownies ever” etc etc, but my recipe is still a bit different from the others and I like it that way.) I made him a huge pan of the “famous” brownies and took them over to him with his other gift for his birthday. We had a really fun celebration, but I noticed the next day that he hadn’t eaten a single one. I was like, “are you kidding? Not even this once?!!!” Let’s just say he did end up trying them and they are the only thing he will eat every year for his birthday. His single request, and favorite dessert no matter what new concoction I create. BOOM! I knew I could change him. 😉 And we fell in love and got married. 🙂
So, moral of the story? You all are going to fall in love with me and my food. Just kidding. But seriously, I adore you all, and you should eat this grilled pizza and report back to me.
Do Strawberries Contain Vitamin C?
One cup of strawberries contain 89 mg. of Vitamin C, which is more than the daily requirement for an adult.
How Do You Store Strawberries?
The best way to store strawberries for the maximum time is to keep them cold and dry.
Do not wash them.
Place them on a paper towel lined tray, or remove them from their store container and line it with a paper towel.
Place the strawberries back in the container and refrigerate.
Wash before eating.
Is Nutella Chocolate?
Nutella is a chocolate and hazelnut spread.
Nutella is made from sugar, modified palm oil, hazelnuts, cocoa powder, and milk.
Nutella Strawberry Pizza
- 1/2 Cup Low Fat Milk
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 1/4 Teaspoons Instant Yeast
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- 2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Cake Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of water**see note
- Warm the milk and water in the microwave.
- Do not use hot water. If it gets to hot let it cool a touch.
- Add the sugar and yeast and let proof (let it get all foamy and puffy). I realize you don't need to with instant yeast, but I do anyway. This should take about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the egg, yogurt, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Once the yeast has proofed, add it to the large bowl with the other ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Add the flour and mix until the dough begins to come together.
- Begin to knead the dough, until you produce a smooth ball. I almost always need one additional tablespoon of water. However, I have occasionally skipped it. If you are struggling to get a smooth dough, go ahead and add it.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled (olive oil) bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place, for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium high.
- Using a lightly oiled paper towel, wipe down the grill so the bread wont stick.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut in half, and then into thirds.
- Roll each dough piece out (no need to make it even), about 1/4-1/2" thick.
- Place on the grill and cook for a few minutes per side or until grill marks begin to appear. Do not over cook, or it will be quite dry and cardboard like. Flip to the other side and cook for a minute or two and then spread a good heaping of nutella over the top.
- Remove from the grill and top with fresh berries.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 2281 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 173.2mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 466.5g Fiber: 13.8g Sugar: 59.7g Protein: 65.4g