Anyway, I used to loooove the orange dreamsicle, creamsicle, whatever they are called, Popsicles when I was little. Then Jamba Juice came out with the smoothie and I loved it. In fact, last year when I got out of the hospital I was feeling a little hungry (that happens sometimes when you haven’t done anything other than throw up for months!)and the dr really wanted me to try and eat anything I could. So, off we went to Jamba. BEST. SMOOTHIE. EVER. I’m sure it was because I hadn’t eaten real food in forever but ohhhh it tasted good. I threw it up the second we got home, but worrrrtttthhhhhhh itttttttt!!! (Little one, you were worth it too.)
Ok, I’m off track, point is I think it’s delicious and these cookies do taste similar. I used white chocolate chips for the cream part of the recipe and they were pretty darn tasty.
How Long Will Cookies Keep In The Pantry?
Properly stored, fresh baked cookies will last 2-3 weeks in the pantry.
Are Oranges Good For You?
Oranges are well known for containing vitamin C.
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, helping protect our cells from damage.
Oranges are also a good source of fibre, B vitamins, vitamin A, calcium and potassium.
Are White Chocolate Chips Actually Chocolate?
Milk and dark chocolate are produced from various proportions of cocoa bean.
White chocolate contains no cocoa solids whatsoever.
White chocolate is made from cocoa butter, so technically, white chocolate is not really chocolate.
Orange Creamsicle Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup Shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 cups Guitard Choc-Au-Lait Vanilla Chips (I used Ghirardelli white chips)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugars until light.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Slowly add flour mixture until combined.
- Stir in the orange zest and white or vanilla chips.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Do not flatten cookies; it will make them dry.
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Do not overcook! Cookies will be plump.
- Cool for several minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 4953 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 430mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 502.9g Fiber: 9.7g Sugar: 260.8g Protein: 40.1g