Don’t even try to resist this Lime Cheesecake with Triple Berry Sauce! Your resistance is futile, trust me! It is smooth and creamy with the perfect blend of tartness and sweetness! Don’t let cheesecake intimidate you. We will walk you through each step. It’s so easy!
Every year my older sister would request a cheesecake for her birthday, and I hated that! NO! Not cheesecake! I thought that cheesecake was absolutely disgusting. I didn’t eat it but once it had been cut into I’d carefully take a fork, slide it under the filling and steal chunks of graham cracker crust. Sorry Mom and Jennifer! Haha, now you know!
I’ve since corrected my ways and embraced a good cheesecake, and this is hands down, 100% the best cheesecake I’ve ever made. It’s so creamy and so easy!
Getting Down to Business
Let’s get right down to business and start talking about how to make this lime cheesecake and the delicious triple berry sauce that goes on top. First, let’s start with the crust, which is still my favorite part of any cheesecake. It is so very simple and oh so very good! It only requires 4 ingredients:
- graham crackers (finely ground)
- melted butter
Mix all of those ingredients together in a small bowl and then put it in the springform pan. Use a measuring cup, press the crust mixture down into the pan covering the whole bottom of the pan and press it up along the sides too.
What is a Springform Pan?
A springform pan is a type of circular cake pan that consists of two parts. There is a base and a removable ring that functions as the side of the pan. They are amazing for cheesecakes because after the cheesecake is baked and cooled, you can remove the ring and you are left with just your stunning cheesecake. It is easy to slice and serve!
If you don’t have a springform pan, do not fear! You have a few other options to use instead:
- Cake or pie pan – if you don’t care about removing your cheesecake from the pan, a cake or pie pan works just great
- Cake or pie pan with parchment paper or foil – if you want to remove the cheesecake from the pan to serve, simply line your cake or pie pan with parchment paper or foil leaving excess along the sides so that the cheesecake can be lifted out of the pan after baking and cooling
- Disposable foil pan – they are inexpensive and can be cut away from the cheesecake after it has been baked and cooled
Fill Me Up Buttercup
While the crust is baking, you can start on the filling. All you need is your standard cheesecake ingredients and a few limes:
- cream cheese (room temperature – Philadelphia is the best which is probably why is costs almost twice as much as everything else, but I buy the Kroger brand and it still tastes great)
- sour cream
- eggs (room temperature)
Why Room Temperature?
It is absolutely critical that the cream cheese and eggs are at room temperature before you start the filling. Cream cheese that has been brought to room temperature won’t get clumpy and will be smooth and creamy which is exactly what you’re after with cheesecake. Eggs that are at room temperature distribute more evenly through the cheesecake mixture which is crucial to the structure of the cheesecake. The egg’s fat is more easily emulsified at room temperature as well.
So Smooth its Criminal
This is the part where people sometimes run into problems with cheesecake. You want everything to be completely mixed together, but you don’t want to over mix it because that’s what leads to cracking. Start by beating the cream cheese by itself with a hand mixer. Once it is creamy, add the sour cream and mix again until smooth. Then it is egg time. The eggs should be added one at time and thoroughly mixed after each egg. The sugar, lime zest, lime juice, cornstarch and vanilla can all be added at the same time. This is where you don’t want to over mix. Use the hand mixer to blend all the ingredients just enough for everything to come together and be smooth. Pour mixture into the cooled crust.
A Nice Warm Bath
Just like you and I like a nice warm bath every now and then, so do cheesecakes! Grab a 9×13 baking dish and pour 3 cups of boiling water into it. Place the cheesecake on an upper middle rack in the oven and the baking dish with boiling water on a bottom rack. Actually, put the baking dish into the oven first and then pour the boiling water into it. It is much easier that way rather than trying to move a baking dish full of boiling water across the kitchen without spilling and burning yourself. Now you are all set for baking!
A Little Jiggle is Just Fine
Normally, I am not a fan of a little jiggle, if you know what I mean! But in the case of cheesecake, a little jiggle in the middle is ok as long at the sides are set. This cheesecake bakes for 50-60 minutes. Every oven is a little different so I always start with 50 minutes and then check it. Once the sides are set, turn the oven off, open the oven door and let the cheesecake sit for 20 minutes in the oven. This allows it to finish baking and set without cracking.
Cool It, Baby!
After resting in the warm oven for 20 minutes, remove the cheese and place it on the counter to cool to room temperature. Then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Triple Berry Sauce
The triple berry sauce can be made while the cheesecake is baking or any time that fits into your schedule. It only takes a few minutes to come together, but it does need to be completely cooled before serving. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Frozen triple berries (raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
- Lime zest
- Ultra gel or flour
Place the frozen berries, lime zest, and sugar into a saucepan and cook it over medium heat. If you plan to use flour to thicken it, add it right from the beginning. If you’re using ultra gel, wait for the berries to start to break apart slightly and then add it. Stir until the sauce begins to thicken. Once it is thick, move the sauce to a bowl and let it cool. It should be refrigerated until served.
When you’re ready to serve the cheesecake, top with berry sauce and whipped cream if desired. I also like to sprinkle some lime zest on the top for some added color. I triple dog dare you to try and resist a slice of this!
Can You Freeze Cheesecake?
It seems impossible, but if you have leftovers that you don’t plan to eat in the next couple of days, it can be frozen. I like to freeze the leftover cheesecake in individual slices so that I can just pull out the number of slices I need. It can also be frozen whole. Place the cooled cheesecake into the freezer uncovered until it is firm. Then wrap the cheesecake in heavy duty aluminum foil and place it in a freezer bag. It can be frozen for 3-4 months.
I probably owe Jennifer a cheesecake for her next birthday after all the cheesecake crust I stole. She is going to LOVE this lime cheesecake with triple berry sauce, I just know it!
More Decadent Desserts You’re Sure to Love:
- Dulce de Leche Chocolate Cheesecake
- Salted Caramel Crème Brûlée
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Mini Fruit Tarts
- Caramel Brownies from Scratch
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- Nutella Dulce de Leche Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Oreo Brownies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookie Pie
- All our DESSERT RECIPES!
You’ll love these cheesecake recipes:
- Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes
- No Bake Mini Cheesecakes with Raspberry Sauce
- Easy Baked Cheesecake with Fresh Cherry Sauce
- Mini Twix Caramel Cheesecakes
- Mini Dutch Apple Cheesecakes
- No Bake Caramel Cheesecake Bars
- Swirled Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
My Favorite Lime Cheesecake with Triple Berry Sauce
- 1 Springform Pan
- 1 1/2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs Fine Ground
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter melted
- Pinch Salt
- 16 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Eggs Large, at room temperature
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- Zest of 3 Limes
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice Fresh, about 2 large regular limes * see note
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch plus 1 Teaspoon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 9x13" Pan
- 3 Cups Water Boiling
- Whipped Cream For Serving if Desired
- 1 1/4 Cup Triple Berries with Blueberries Frozen, Raspberries, Blackberries
- Zest of 1/2 Lime
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ultra Gel Cornaby's, or 1 Teaspoon Flour
For the Crust
- Preheat your oven to 300°.
- In a small bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter and a pinch of salt. Pour all of the crumbs into the springform pan and using a measuring cup, press the mixture into the bottom of the pan, pressing the crumbs up along the sides as well.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes and remove to cool.
For the Filling
- Using a hand-held electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream and again, beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add one of the eggs and beat the mixture. Add the final egg and beat again.
- Add the sugar, lime zest, lime juice, cornstarch and vanilla and beat until smooth, being mindful to not over-beat as that will cause the cheesecake to crack.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Prepare the boiling water.
- Place the cheesecake into the oven on an upper middle rack.
- Place the 9x13" pan on the lower rack and pour in the boiling water. Close the door and bake about 50-60 minutes or until the edges are set. You may notice a slight jiggle in the middle, that's ok.
- Open the oven door, turn off the oven and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
For the Berry Sauce
- Place the frozen berries, sugar, and lime zest in a saucepan over medium heat. If using flour, add it now.
- Stir often until the berries start to breakdown, add the ultra gel and stir to combine until thickened.
- Remove to a bowl to cool. Place in the refrigerator until serving.
Are you a cheesecake fan looking for more quick and cheesecake recipes? Try our Mini Dutch Apple Cheesecakes, Mini Twix Caramel Cheesecakes, Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake, White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars with Raspberry Sauce, No Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake, No Bake Peanut Butter Nutella Cheesecake, Lemon Blueberry No Bake Cheesecake, and don’t miss our post about everything we learned about The Cheesecake Factory!!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.