If you don’t have your chicken with sauce often or ever, then this Grilled Chicken with Lemon Cream Sauce will change your mind about this duo!
Happy Father’s Day!! We almost didn’t post today but then figured there may be someone out there look for a little dinner inspiration and since this is perfectly us, a little grilling from Cade and sauciness from me why not, right?
Now let’s move on to what’s really on my mind and it has nothing to do with Father’s day. Sorry guys. But Cade, we sure adore you!!!
This is the only political rant I’ll ever make on here. I think. I’m pretty sure at least.
What is up with insurance? So you pay way more every month than what you need for a once or twice a year visit, but all of that money just disappears down the drain. Who is it going to? Why do they get to keep my money? Shouldn’t I get it back at the end of the year since we didn’t need it? Ok, last year we definitely used it and it saved us with so many hospital stays and then the NICU, but still.
My gosh this world is a mess, so I think I’ll just pull up a chair, let Cade grill some chicken and asparagus and devour this grilled chicken with lemon cream sauce.
Just because you grill your chicken doesn’t mean you can’t have a sauce. Am I right? And sauces make everything all better in my book. Really though, I love a good sauce. I even dipped my chicken nuggets in honey growing up. True story. And I bet I’d still like it if I had it again. Maybe I will…
Would you all disown me forever if I posted a chicken nugget recipe with honey? I’m doing it. I don’t care. It’s happening.
How Long Can You Keep Creme Sauce?
Creme sauce will keep up to a week in the refrigerator.
Is Grilled Chicken Healthy?
Grilled chicken breast is healthy due to it’s low calorie, high protein content.
Does Grilled Chicken Have Cholesterol?
In general, red meats have more cholesterol and saturated fats than chicken.
Breast meat contains the least amount of cholesterol.
In general, poultry without the skin and white meat cuts contain less cholesterol and saturated fats than other meats.
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Grilled Chicken with Lemon Cream Sauce
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons McCormick Montreal Seasoning
For the Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Clove garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- ½ Cup Milk
- ¾ Cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Set the chicken out for 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, salt, and seasoning.
- Coat each side of the chicken and grill over medium heat for 6-8 minutes per side.
- Set aside to rest for 5 minutes, slice thin and serve with sauce.
For the sauce
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and cook until melted and the butter is beginning to turn golden.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds and dump in the flour, whisking quickly.
- Allow to cook for one minute and then add the broth, half and half and milk.
- Bring to a gentle boil, and stirring occasionally cook until slightly thickened.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with chicken and veggies.