How Long Will Grilled Chicken Last?
Cooked poultry is safe refrigerated for 3-4 days and in the freezer for 2-6 months.
I feel like Utah summers are way too short. Yes, the stupid snow can be beautiful, but 9 months out of the year!! COME ON! I really am so ready for consistently good weather, but I know it can snow until June so I’m always anticipating more yucky weather popping up during the summer. I made polynesian or grilled Hawaiian chicken thighs last week just to encourage summer to stick around. TAKE THAT UTAH!
Grilled Hawaiian Chicken
K, this chicken is awesome. Love the flavor, love the simplicity, love those grill marks. You could do this in the oven, but why not pull out the grill? We chose to serve ours with a little of the reserved marinade (this never touched the chicken) and we ate it over coconut rice. HOWEVER, anyone and I do mean anyone, can make this chicken. To quote my 5 yr old, “easy peasy lemon squeezy”. So stinkin’ cute.
What Side Goes With Grilled Hawaiian Chicken?
Choose side dishes to complement the light, fruity flavor of the chicken without overwhelming it.
Some suggestions are, broccoli, rice, Hawaiian bread, and fruit.
I would definitely use the chicken thighs over breasts, they are far more flavorful, and definitely take the time to let it marinate. You. Are. Welcome.
Grilled Hawaiian Chicken
- 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped (save some for the top)
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 (13.5oz) can of coconut milk
- Remove any visible fat from the chicken thighs.
- Whisk the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, onions, garlic, sesame oil, and coconut milk in a large bowl.
- Pour 1/2 cup into a jar and reserve in the fridge for serving.
- Add the chicken thighs to the bowl and marinate the chicken overnight.
- Heat the grill to high.
- Add the chicken and turn down to low.
- Grill chicken at a low heat so that the marinade does not burn for 5-7 minutes per side or until done.
Serve over rice with many friends!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 736 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 277mg Sodium: 3485mg Carbohydrates: 53g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 45g Protein: 64g
Grilled Honey Lemon Basil ChickenContinue Reading
Grilled Sweet and Sour ChickenContinue Reading
Grilled Orange Tarragon ChickenContinue Reading
Grilled Chicken with Lemon Cream SauceContinue Reading
Easy Grilled ChickenContinue Reading
Quick Grilled Chicken with Oregano RecipeContinue Reading
Tuscan Grilled Chicken KabobsContinue Reading
Sticky Asian Grilled Chicken Breasts [+ Video]Continue Reading
Sweet and Saucy Grilled Chicken ThighsContinue Reading
Garlic Parmesan Grilled Chicken WingsContinue Reading
balsamic glazed grilled chickenContinue Reading
Sticky Honey Lime Grilled Chicken [+ Video]Continue Reading
Asian Ginger Marinade for Grilled ChickenContinue Reading
Have you ever wondered how to make perfect rice? Well our coconut rice recipe not only teaches you how but it’s also the best dang rice ever!
The YUMMIEST grilled chicken with a sweet and sticky sauce!