How Long Will Grilled Chicken Last?
Cooked poultry is safe refrigerated for 3-4 days and in the freezer for 2-6 months.
I feel like Utah summers are way too short. Yes, the stupid snow can be beautiful, but 9 months out of the year!! COME ON! I really am so ready for consistently good weather, but I know it can snow until June so I’m always anticipating more yucky weather popping up during the summer. I made polynesian or grilled Hawaiian chicken thighs last week just to encourage summer to stick around. TAKE THAT UTAH!
Grilled Hawaiian Chicken
K, this chicken is awesome. Love the flavor, love the simplicity, love those grill marks. You could do this in the oven, but why not pull out the grill? We chose to serve ours with a little of the reserved marinade (this never touched the chicken) and we ate it over coconut rice. HOWEVER, anyone and I do mean anyone, can make this chicken. To quote my 5 yr old, “easy peasy lemon squeezy”. So stinkin’ cute.
What Side Goes With Grilled Hawaiian Chicken?
Choose side dishes to complement the light, fruity flavor of the chicken without overwhelming it.
We always do a side of grilled corn because it’s amazing and I think corn on the cob should be eaten as often as possible! Some other suggestions are, broccoli, rice, Hawaiian bread, and fruit.
I would definitely use the chicken thighs over breasts, they are far more flavorful, and definitely take the time to let it marinate. You. Are. Welcome.
More Marinated Chicken Dishes You’re Sure to Love:
- Asian Ginger Marinated for Grilled Chicken
- Greek Marinade Chicken Souvlaki
- Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Mexican Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa
- Marinated Smoked Chicken Thighs
- Huli Huli Grilled Chicken
- Honey Lemon Basil Grilled Chicken
- Balsamic Caprese Chicken
- Chicken Fajitas
- Grilled Chicken with Oregano
- All our grilled recipes here!
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Grilled Hawaiian Chicken
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 bunch green onions chopped (save some for the top)
- 1/4 cup white onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 can coconut milk 13.5 oz
- Remove any visible fat from the chicken thighs.
- Whisk the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, onions, garlic, sesame oil, and coconut milk in a large bowl.
- Pour 1/2 cup into a jar and reserve in the fridge for serving.
- Add the chicken thighs to the bowl and marinate the chicken overnight.
- Heat the grill to high.
- Add the chicken and turn down to low.
- Grill chicken at a low heat so that the marinade does not burn for 5-7 minutes per side or until done.
- Serve over rice with many friends!
Have you ever wondered how to make perfect rice? Well our coconut rice recipe not only teaches you how but it’s also the best dang rice ever!
The YUMMIEST grilled chicken with a sweet and sticky sauce!