It’s one of my favorite quick dinner ideas for summer – grilled corn and roasted tomato pesto pasta is so fresh and ready in just 15 minutes!
When you find something that the whole family will eat, you make it in every form possible! By some miracle, all my kids will eat pesto. PESTO! Of all the things! I’m not complaining because pesto is life!
This recipe is so tasty with a little smokiness from the roasted tomatoes and grilled corn. I love the addition of the bocconcini for the creaminess and added protein. It’s also healthy and so satisfying!
What Ingredients Go in Roasted Tomato Pesto Pasta?
This ingredients list is simple and so yum! You’ll need the ingredients for homemade pesto and then just a few other items to get this recipe on the table. Here is your list:
- Pine Nuts
- Olive Oil
- Grilled Corn
- Parmesan (fresh)
- Sea Salt
The measurements for each can be found in the recipe card at the end of this post.
How to Make Roasted Tomato Pesto Pasta
I said this recipe was going to be added to your list of quick dinner ideas, right? Here are the steps to have a healthy meal on the table in 15 minutes:
- Make the pasta.
- Roast the tomatoes.
- Make homemade pesto while the pasta is cooking and tomatoes are roasting.
- Boil and then char the corn (If you have the time, follow our grilled corn recipe). Cut the corn from the cobs.
- Drain the pasta and add pesto and stir to combine.
- Add grilled corn, roasted tomatoes and bocconcini and fold everything together. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle from some fresh parm and serve!
What to Eat with Pesto Pasta?
I love a good crusty bread with this dish like our no knead artisan bread.
What Pasta is Best for Pesto?
I love this ridged penne pasta because the pesto clings all over it. You could do bowtie or rigatoni. It’s really great with any pasta you have on hand.
How Long Does Pesto Pasta Last?
If you store this pasta in an airtight container, it will last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
More Quick Dinner Ideas:
- 15 Minute Sesame Steak Stir Fry
- Healthy Turkey Instant Pot Chili
- Crockpot Chicken and Rice
- 20 Minute Cheesy Pesto Pasta
- Easy Pork Chops and Rice
- Easy Garlic Butter Salmon
- Creamy Herb Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Easy Philly Cheesesteak Bread
- Quick and Easy Ham Lemon Orzo with Parmesan and Peas
- Cornflake Ranch Chicken
- Quick and Easy Shortcut Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Beef Ragu and Pasta
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Easy Coconut Curry Chicken
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Grilled Corn and Roasted Tomato Pesto Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Cup Sweet Basil packed
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese fresh, grated
- Sea Salt and Fresh Black Pepper
- 8 Oz Penne Pasta cooked
- 7 Oz Bocconcini
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat, adding a few pinches of salt to season the pasta as it cooks. (If you're unsure how much taste the water. It should taste slightly salty) Once the water begins to boil add the pasta. Turn the heat down to medium high and continue to cook until al dente (cooked through, not soggy, but a slight bite to it.) Meanwhile, heat a small skillet to medium heat and add the pine nuts.
- Cook until toasted and golden on all side, giving the pan a little toss every now and again to help the nuts to toast evenly. You should be able to start smelling the nutty aroma.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the pine nuts, garlic, and fresh basil to a blender or food processor.
- Process until as smooth as possible.
- While the blender/processor is running drizzle in the olive oil, processor another 10-20 seconds and place in a bowl.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Boil 2 ears of corn and then char over a gas burner or cook on the grill following our best corn recipe.
- Preheat oven to 450 and place 1 vine of vine tomatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle them with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Once the pasta is done, drain and place in a large bowl.
- Mix the pesto and pasta, cut the kernels off of the corn and pluck the tomatoes off of the vine. Chop the bocconcini and toss everything together with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with a sprinkle of fresh parmesan. Serve immediately.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.