Is Mint Good To Eat?
You can eat mint plant.
It can be added to salads, desserts and smoothies.
Chewing a mint leaf will help eliminate bad breath.
But, you don’t have to eat mint in order to get the benefits of mint.
Mint leaves can be added to water or punch, or made into tea.
What Are The Health Benefits of Mint?
Mint is a calming and soothing herb that has been used to aid with upset stomach or indigestion.
Mint may also support healthy cholesterol levels.
Does Basil Have Health Benefits?
Basil contains powerful antioxidants.
The antioxidants in basil can help to protect white blood cells.
Basil Mint Lemonade
Basil Mint Lemonade
Recipe by Chef Bob
- 2 Cups Lemon Juice, Fresh, 12-15 lemons
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Simple Syrup, Herbed, recipe follows
Herbed Simple Syrup
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Basil, washed and stemmed (do not stuff them into the cup or it will be too strong)
- 1/2 Cup Mint, washed and stemmed
- Place sugar, water, basil and mint in a pot and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside to cool.
- Strain out the herbs pressing on them to remove all simple syrup.
- Pour water, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a pitcher, stir and pour over ice in glasses.
Sparkling Lemonade with Blackberries
Hi!! I just found your blog today.I love it!! Thank you for doing what you do!
You guys are simply adorable!
Thank you so much!
Sound wonderful, I'm growing basil and mint in my garden now all I need is a lemon tree. I wonder how this would taste with meyer lemons?
I would never have thought of this flavor combination, but it sounds deliciuos!
THANK YOU, thank you, thank you!!! I have been talking about this non-stop and have been craving it. I can't wait to make it!
AWESOME!!! You can guarantee I'll be making this come summer, too! I LOVED it!!!
Wow, I never would have thought of basil in lemonade, that sounds very refreshing!
sounds refreshing and fun
Sounds deliciously refreshing. I can't wait for summer to drink this on my balcony!
Ohhh my..I love the basil simple syrup!
This is a very, very GOOD lemonade! You're right, it is a refreshing change and the herbs are really subtle. Thanks for getting the recipe!
What a wonderful flavor combination! Looks so refreshing!