Is Mint Good To Eat?
You can eat mint plant.
It can be added to salads, desserts and smoothies.
Chewing a mint leaf will help eliminate bad breath.
But, you don’t have to eat mint in order to get the benefits of mint.
Mint leaves can be added to water or punch, or made into tea.
What Are The Health Benefits of Mint?
Mint is a calming and soothing herb that has been used to aid with upset stomach or indigestion.
Mint may also support healthy cholesterol levels.
Does Basil Have Health Benefits?
Basil contains powerful antioxidants.
The antioxidants in basil can help to protect white blood cells.
Basil Mint Lemonade
Recipe by Chef Bob
- 2 Cups Fresh Lemon Juice (12-15 lemons)
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Herbed Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
Herbed Simple Syrup
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Basil, washed and stemmed (do not stuff them into the cup or it will be too strong)
- 1/2 Cup Mint, washed and stemmed
- Place sugar, water, basil and mint in a pot and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside to cool.
- Strain out the herbs pressing on them to remove all simple syrup.
- Pour water, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a pitcher, stir and pour over ice in glasses.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 428 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 112.2g Fiber: 1.3g Sugar: 103.9g Protein: 1g