This is one of my husband’s recipes, Honey Baked Chicken. For some reason we’d been married a good 3 years before I knew it existed. So sad because it is DELICIOUS! It’s also pretty fast and easy.
Don’t be worried about the curry in it either, everything blends together and it’s so flavorful. We like to cook up some peas, corn, and any other veggie hanging out around the kitchen and eat this like a big rice bowl. Leftovers are great made into casseroles or especially in soup! W just add broth, veggies and then potatoes or rice!
Will Honey Go Bad?
Honey can be kept indefinately.
It will never go bad.
Is White Meat Healthier than Dark Meat of Chicken?
Compared with white meat, dark meat contains more iron, zinc, riboflavin, thiamine, and vitamins B6 and B12.
White meat does contain less fat and calories than dark meat, but the difference is small.
Easy Honey Baked Chicken
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon curry powder
- 1 Teaspoon chicken seasoning (like montreal chicken)
- 1/2 Teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- Place chicken in a baking dish and set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the chicken and bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350. (baste occasionally)
- Shred the chicken and serve over rice.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 474 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 133.5mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 23.9g Fiber: 0.4g Sugar: 23.2g Protein: 30.7g