Oh fine, enough of me drooling over these milkyway cookies, on to the story behind them.
Have you guys been getting your free chocolate every week? Well, we have and we have so much that it’s getting a little bit out of control. Ok, so maybe A LOT out of control. We’ve had to get pretty creative to keep up, this recipe is one of our newest creations.
The other day I ran to the store to buy a certain candy to try a new cookie recipe, however they were out so I had to settle with milkyway candy bars. At first I was a little skeptical, would these really be any good? Oh, but don’t you worry, they were ridiculous. Ridiculously good that is! The entire cookie is so soft and chewy but with the milkyway centers they are just that much softer and just that much chewier! YUM! I really don’t think it gets much better than this my friends!
Can Cookie Dough Be Frozen?
Form cookie dough in a ball and place in an airtight container.
Or, portion dough into individual cookies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze.
Once frozen, put cookies in a heavy duty freezer bag.
Freeze for up to 3 months.
How Long Will Soft Cookies Keep?
Fresh baked cookies will keep for 2-3 weeks at room temperature.
Soft cookies should be stored in an airtight container.
How Long Will Cookies Keep In the Freezer?
You can keep cookies in a freezer for 3 months.
They should be properly wrapped in plastic and foil, or stored in a heavy duty freezer bag.
Take Me to the Milky Way Cookies Recipe by me and cookie by that guy that was my neighbor back in college who I can't remember his name. SORRY
- 1/2 Cup Butter Unsalted
- 1/2 Cup Shortening Butter Flavored
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 4 Candy Bars Regular Milky Way
- Heat oven to 350
- Cream together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture and beat well.
- Cut candy bars in 1/2-1 inch pieces and set aside.
- Form dough into large balls and break in half.
- Place a piece of the candy bar in the middle of one piece and the other on top.
- Close the sides and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 min and plan on sharing with the neighbors so you don't gain 5.2 million pounds.