Sometimes you just need something to throw in a slow cooker or the oven or whatever and be done. This is where this Mango Salsa Chicken Burritos recipe came from. We use the Sabra Peach Mango Salsa from Costco but lately our Costco has been selling the Pineapple salsa instead so we’ve been using that with more seasoning to spice it up a tad.
Nothing crazy exciting, but it is easy and tasty. That’s all that matters on some days. Now, I know that not everyone has access to costco, but I’m sure you could use a different sweet/tangy salsa and it would be just fine. My favorite thing about this recipe is that it’s not only easy but really versatile. I’m so all about one recipe that can be used in a bunch of ways, burritos, tacos, salads (you know, taco salad style like Cafe Rio), and rice bowls or even quinoa like with our cilantro lime quinoa. And then the leftover, yup, I toss it all in a big pot with broth and turn it into soup, tortilla soup!
Are Mangoes Good For You?
Mango is a nutrition-filled wonder-fruit capable of giving your body the health it needs.
One cup of mango provides 100% of your daily vitamin C recommendation.
Vitamin C promotes healthy immune function and collagen formation.
One cup of mango provides 35% of your vitamin A.
Vitamin A is important for vision, bone growth, and maintaining healthy mucous membranes and skin – plus, it’s shown by clinical studies to help protect your body from lung and mouth cancers.
Mango has 20 different vitamins and minerals,and they also contain flavonoids like betacarotene, alphacarotene, and beta-cryptoxanthin.
Mangos contain Vitamin B6, which may help prevent stroke.
Mangos are also low in calories and high in fiber.
How Long Will Salsa Keep?
Homemade salsa will keep 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
Packaged salsa lasts for 2 weeks in the refrigerator after opening.
Is It Safe to Cook Meat in a Slow Cooker?
Yes, if you use them correctly.
The combination of direct heat from the pot, lengthy cooking and steam, destroys bacteria making the slow cooker a safe process for cooking foods.
Slow Cooker Mango Salsa Chicken Burritos
- 4 Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2-3 Cups Mango Salsa or Pineapple Salsa (depending on how big the breasts are, you want them to be fully covered)
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin (more if you like a little more spicy bite)
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Add all ingredients over the top.
- Cook on high 3 hours or low for 5 hours, shred chicken and return to crock pot for another hour, for a total of 4 or 6 hours.
- You can also use frozen chicken and increase the time by 1 hour.
- Serve over rice or burrito style as shown.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 252 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 132.4mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 7.9g Fiber: 2.2g Sugar: 4.3g Protein: 42.6g