Although it’s Did you know that Wednesday I wanted to keep with our quick dishes post so today the quick meal is a marinated turkey breast. It’s so simple you don’t really have to do anything. Marinate the turkey breast, cook it on the grill or in the oven. No biggie.
Turkey is a hard one to get really great flavor and keep it moist. This always turns out perfect. It’s so moist and soooo flavorful. It’s just plain ol’ delicious. In fact we were thinking that a whole bird should be marinated for Thanksgiving this year.
Why Do You Marinate Meat?
Marinating, or soaking meat in sauce, or oil and spices, adds extra flavor to the meat.
Marinating also helps tenderize tougher meats.
Is Turkey Breast a Lean Meat?
Turkey is slightly leaner and has fewer calories than chicken.
Turkey is leaner than beef also.
Can You Freeze Cooked Turkey Breast?
As long as the turkey breast has been cooked thoroughly, it is safe to freeze.
Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and foil or store in a freezer bag.
Marinated Turkey Breast
Recipe from Allrecipes a while back
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (3 pound) boneless turkey breast halves
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, basil, and pepper.
- Rub over the turkey breasts.
- Insert one clove into each end of the turkey breasts, and one in the center.
- In a large shallow dish, blend vegetable oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, and brown sugar.
- Place the breasts in the dish, and turn to coat.
- Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Discard marinade, place turkey breasts on the grill. Close the lid, and grill turkey breasts about 15 minutes on each side, or to an internal temperature of 170 degrees or in the oven at 375 for 30-45 min or until 170 degrees internal temp.
Serving Size:1 recipe
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 4845 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 1769mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 17.5g Fiber: 1.4g Sugar: 10g Protein: 601.7g