These pork tostadas were seriously the perfect meal to use up all of that leftover pork. We thought they were especially delicious using the Mango Salsa from Costco. I think it was just the perfect blend of warm spices, sweet from the mango, cool from the avocado and queso fresco that really made this work. It was seriously so yummy. I’m so excited to make this again and I love that we were using mostly leftovers so not only was there not very much work to do, but it made meal planning super easy.
Is A Tostada Different Than Taco?
A tostada is like a taco, but flat.
It’s usually made with a fried corn tortilla, topped with refried beans, shredded cheese, salsa, and other toppings.
Are Black Beans Healthier Than Re fried Beans?
Refried beans usually consist of onion, cooked beans, seasonings, and a fat to fry them in—often lard.
Black beans, have no added fat or other seasonings.
Are Corn Tortillas Gluten Free?
Corn tortillas are made from a special type of corn meal which is naturally gluten free.
As long as corn tortillas are not contaminated with wheat products during the manufacturing process, corn tortillas are gluten free.
- 6 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Small Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 Lime
- Kosher Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Queso Fresco
- Mango Salsa or your favorite salsa
- Spanish Rice
- Left over Pork shredded and warmed.
- Heat black beans and tomatoes in a saucepan over medium heat until heated through.
- Remove from heat and smash with a fork or potato masher just slightly.
- Smash two avocados with juice from 1/2 a lime (more to taste if needed), 2 Tablespoons chopped Cilantro, a pinch of kosher salt and garlic powder.
- Set aside. (Or just make guacamole)
- Heat 1 Tablespoon Oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Place tortillas in a single layer and brown lightly on each side.
- Place a tortilla on each plate.
- Spread layers of beans, rice, salsa, avocado mixture and pork.
- Top with queso fresco and chopped cilantro!