What Is A Fingerling Potato?
A fingerling potato is a small, stubby, finger-shaped type of potato.
They are fully mature when harvested and should not to be confused with new potatoes.
Are Fingerling Potatoes Good For Mashing?
Fingerling potatoes have a light, mealy texture, and are low in starch.
This makes them ideal for mashing.
Can You Roast Fingerling Potatoes?
Fingerling potatoes are ideal for roasting.
Their small size means they will roast up quickly and evenly.
Recipe By Me
- 1 Pound potatoes Fingerlings
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Bunch Rosemary stemmed
- Kosher salt to taste
- Drizzle the olive oil in a bowl and add the potatoes.
- Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with Kosher salt (generously) and rosemary.
- Toss again.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 425 for 20-25 min.
- Turn over after 10 minutes.