Scotcheroos are one of my favorite guilty pleasures and now there’s an awesome scotcheroos chex mix version! It’s our friends’ favorite for parties!
One of my guilty pleasures are those dang scotcheroos peanut butter rice krispy treats (although we normally skip the butterscotch chips in the chocolate topping). I cannot resist those darn things. And it’s like the easiest, cheap-o dessert, especially for someone who makes their living writing recipes, but I love them.
No, I adore them.
So the other day when Cade informed me that we had Chex that needed to be used I thought, Scotcheroos Chex Mix!!!
I guess you all pretty much know about the peanut butter goodness that is scotcheroos with that yummy chocolate topping so there really isn’t any need in telling you how much you’ll love it as a snack. Those chex pieces are the perfect carrier for all of that peanut butter and then just add a drizzle of chocolate!
Is Chex Cereal Gluten Free?
Most gluten free cereals are labeled “gluten free”.
Rice Chex are gluten free and are labeled “gluten free”.
Other Chex cereals are not gluten free.
How Long Will Chex Mix Keep?
Chex mix, stored in an airtight container can be kept for up to 6 weeks.
Is Karo Syrup Corn Syrup?
Karo syrup is made from corn starch and does not contain high fructose corn syrup.
Karo syrup contains 33% less calories than corn syrup.
Scotcheroos Chex Mix
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Scotcheroos Chex Mix
- 3 1/2 cups Chex Cereal
- 1 cup Corn Syrup
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Peanut Butter creamy
- 1/2 cup Butterscotch Chips
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the karo syrup and sugar until clear and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter and stir until combined.
- Allow to cook for an additional minute.
- In a very large bowl, add the chex cereal and then dump in the peanut butter mixture.
- Fold with a large spatula until all of the cereal is coated, being careful not to break up the cereal.
- Spread the cereal out onto wax or parchment paper to cool.
- In a microwave safe dish, add the two chips and microwave on high for 20 second intervals, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Drizzle over cereal and allow everything to set.
Sweet gooey chex mix. One of those classic party or holiday snacks that seems so lame when you look at it, but you can’t stay out of it once you try it.