Do you love peanut butter and chocolate as much as I do? I can’t stop eating it and now there’s a scotcheroos millionaire nuggets recipe!
As a food blogger I’ve quickly come to realize that there’s just nothing better than high quality, perfectly cooked good food. Other than an occasional hot fries and shake run to JCW’s we pretty much never eat fast food. Now, there are some places popping up that are totally fresh and use real ingredients but still manage to get the food to you quickly like The Wild Zucchini (where’s Marty?! His way was my favorite way!), but there are still a lot of places which I wont mention that we cannot eat at anymore. I know, I’m supposed to be talking about scotcheroos millionaire nuggets and I’m blabbing about burgers, but hear me out…
How Do You Store Scotcheroos Millionaire Nuggets?
Scotcheroos will keep for at least a week or longer, and are fine served at any time.
Keep the bars in an airtight container at room temperature.
I feel like junk food, fast food and even sugar are all in the same category. We crave them, love them and don’t want to give them up. And then we start eating better or at least with better ingredients and our palates start to change, or more importantly our bodies change. Have you noticed that? We eat pretty healthy around here other than a once a week dessert and splurges on the weekend. I used to miss the comfort foods but the longer I put good things into me the more my body hates the other stuff.
Really, it’s true. We had to stop at a fast food place on a long trip because it was the middle of nowhere, snacks had run out and our kids were needing a break. We ate what were better choices for that particular place, but by the time we got to my Mom and Dad’s we all had belly aches. We just aren’t use to all of that fat and grease. WHICH IS A SIGN, PEOPLE! If you go off of something and feel better then get sick when you have it again your body is trying to send a message.
And that’s when I hop back over to the recipe I’m posting which makes me a hypocrite. These are loaded with sugar, and there’s not an ounce of whole foods in it, but I can’t give them up. There’s something about Scotcheroos that just sucks me in. I love the Scotcheroos Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats recipe, I love the scotcheroos chex mix and now I love these mini scotcheroos bites. Dude, you can just pop them in your mouth! No plate necessary.
How Do You Prevent Scotcheroos From Going Hard?
When heating the syrup and sugar, avoid boiling, as it will become hard and make the scotcheroo hard to eat.
Can You Freeze Scotcheroos?
Food stays perpetually safe at 0 degrees Fahrenheit, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, because it is impossible for bacteria to grow at those temperatures.
But you should consume your scotcheroos within six weeks of placing them in the freezer for optimal taste.
Scotcheroos Millionaire Nuggets
- 1 Cup Corn Syrup (Light Karo Syrup)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 5 1/2 Cups Krispy Rice Cereal
- 6 ounces Milk Chocolate Chips
- 6 ounces Butterscotch Chips (or all milk if you prefer)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, pour in the karo syrup and sugar. Allow to cook, stirring occasionally until clear and the sugar is totally dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the peanut butter and stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add the cereal and pour the peanut butter mix in. Gently fold to combine and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Lay wax or parchment paper on a cookie sheet and begin rolling the cereal into balls.
- Set on the cookie sheet to cool entirely.
- Meanwhile, in a glass measuring cup or bowl, melt the chocolate and butterscotch until smooth.
- One at a time, drop the balls into the chocolate, and using a fork, roll it around to coat it and then lift it out, tapping the sides gently to allow excess chocolate to run off.
- Place on the cookie sheet and store in a cool place to allow the chocolate to harden.
Store in air tight containers.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 161 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 74mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 19g Protein: 3g
Scotcheroos are one of my favorite guilty pleasures and now there’s an awesome scotcheroos chex mix version! It’s our friends’ favorite for parties!
This scotcheroos peanut butter rice krispy treats recipe is seriously such an addicting treat and it only takes a couple of ingredients to make it!