Well, I can officially say that I married a genius. I know, you really shouldn’t brag, and don’t worry he does have his faults. Like how he cannot seem to leave his hair alone. Yes, I’m married to the man that walks past a mirror on our way out the door and he has to stop and fix it, again. It’s ridiculous. But, when I said I was going to send pretzels with the little one in her school he said, “Churro pretzels!” Pretty much we fell in love all over again in that moment. *sigh*
Seriously though, how totally awesome is Cade for thinking up this combo?! We already love these cinnamon sugar pretzels that are so addicting we had to stop making them so much or we would never leave the house, and we adore this darn churro chex mix that we like to refer to as, “Sweet Deliciousness”. So logically the next step was to combine the two and bam! Heaven in a bag.
You all do know that my heaven will be filled with food, right? And of course everything will be zero calories. Oh, and sleep. Heaven will also include sleep. Wait, one more. I will also get to take a long, hot shower all by myself without any children knocking at the door. Boo-Yah.
Did you chime in on that little conversation we had on facebook? It was so fun to hear that pretty much every mom out there (and some dads!) gave an, “Amen”. Rest in peace private shower and restroom break. I hope we meet again in the after life or once my children are grown.
In the meantime I’m going to sit back and eat another bag of these once I’ve shut the bedroom door and escaped downstairs after bedtime. YES!
Are Pretzels Fried?
Pretzels are baked, not fried.
They are a good fat-free snack.
Are Pretzels Gluten Free?
Pretzels usually contain gruten.
But, there are many brands that offer gluten free pretzels now.
Make sure you check the label.
What Is a Churro?
A churro is a sweet snack consisting of a strip of fried dough dusted with sugar or cinnamon.
- 9 cups pretzels about 1 bag of the minis
- 1 1/2 cups cinnamon chips found by the chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Place the pretzels in a very large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, sugar and cinnamon and stir until even.
- Set aside.
- Over medium low heat, add the cinnamon chips and butter to a sauce pan and stir continually.
- Remove from heat and quickly dump over the pretzels.
- Using a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula, fold the cinnamon mixture over the pretzels until evenly coated.
- Quickly add the powdered sugar mixture and fold again.
- Spread out on parchment or wax paper to cool.