Have you ever had our sun dried tomato pesto panini? It is so darn delicious with all of that melty cheese and delicious bread, but then we thought to stuff the pesto in a chicken breast and bam, sun dried tomato feta chicken. It may not look super pretty as it’s being rolled up, but it turns out juicy and wonderful. Plus, stuffed chicken always looks fancier than it is and I love that.
We made this sundried tomato feta chicken like a month ago, but I forgot to upload the picture and post about it. Ooops!!
These were so easy to prepare and they were so yummy too. We served ours with a big salad and the whole thing tasted so fresh and comforting. Feta has a nice, salty bite to it which is so yummy. We love it on salads, crostini, and pizza. Oh my goodness, it’s so good on pizza. In fact, I’ll stick a few ideas after the recipe for you to try. You’re going to love them and this recipe so much!
Are Sun Dried Tomatoes Really Dried In The Sun?
For a tomato to be called “sun dried” it only has have to been dried partially in the sun.
In some places, tomatoes are still dried on racks in the sun.
Are Sun Dried Tomatoes Good For You?
Sun dried tomatoes have much the same nutrients as fresh tomatoes.
Sun-dried tomatoes are full of antioxidants, vitamins, and good-for-you minerals.
What Can You Substitute For Feta Cheese?
Ricotta is the best substitute for feta cheese.
The crumbly texture is very similar to feta, though the taste is much less salty.
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Sun dried Tomato Feta Chicken
- 4 oz tomatoes Sun dried
- 1/2 cup Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts Toasted and Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Vinegar Balsamic
- 1/3 Cup Tomatoes Crushed
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Cooking
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Fresh, Grated
- Kosher Salt
- 1/3 Cup Feta
- 2 Chicken Breasts Boneless, Skinless, Pounded Flat
- Heat oven to 325
- Place first 7 ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Stir in the olive oil and Parmesan and add salt to taste.
- Spread the pesto evenly over the chicken and sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Roll the chicken and hold it closed with kitchen twine or toothpicks.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Salt and pepper the outside of the chicken and cook until browned on each side.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and cook for 35-40 min or until cooked through!