This Roasted Vegetable Medley is a side that can go with just about any meal! Spoiler: we have found the best seasoning to take your average roasted veggies to the next level!
I was at Costco and starving…I don’t recommend this combo! It always results in all my dollars flying out of my wallet and staying at Costco. So I was hungry and there weren’t any samples to curb my hunger (thanks, COVID), so I ended up buying all sorts of things that I normally wouldn’t buy.
I ended up with this Kinder’s seasoning in my cart, and boy, am I so glad I got it! It is so dang good! We tried it first on these easy roasted vegetables, and yowza!
Now we just pray that it doesn’t disappear from Costco. Have you ever had that happen to you? A product you love suddenly disappears? Oh the agony! I better go buy all the bottles of this seasoning that they have in stock!
Sometimes shopping hungry ends up in more than a diminished bank account. Sometimes it results in a delicious new seasoning to put all over your next roasted vegetable medley!
What Ingredients Are in This Roasted Vegetable Medley?
There shouldn’t be anything to making sheet pan roasted vegetables, just the vegetables and some flavor! So that’s all you’re getting here:
- Green Beans
- Olive Oil
- Kinder’s Buttery Steakhouse Seasoning
Head down to the recipe card for all the specifics!
How to Make Roasted Vegetables Seasoning From Scratch
If you can’t find this seasoning at the store and you don’t do Amazon, you can totally make it from scratch. The exact recipe is down in the notes of the recipe card, but these are the ingredients you will need:
- Dehydrated Butter
- Oregano (dried)
- Thyme (dried)
- Fine Sea Salt
- Basil (dried)
- Onion Flakes (dried)
- Minced Garlic (dried)
- Dried Sun-dried tomatoes
How to Make an Oven Roasted Vegetable Medley
The instructions for making these easy roasted vegetables is even simpler than the ingredients list. Here are the steps:
- Place the carrots and beans on a lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and seasoning and toss it to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then add the broccoli. Add a little more oil and seasoning and toss.
- Roast until done. Enjoy!
How Long to Roast Vegetables?
To make this roasted vegetable medley, we used carrots, green beans, and broccoli. Keep in mind that every vegetable requires a different roasting time. If you use different veggies than we did, your total cook time may vary.
We added the carrots, beans, and broccoli to the sheet pan in stages, but the sheet pan roasted vegetables took about 30 minutes total at 400F. See the recipe card below for exact cook times.
What to Eat with Roasted Vegetables
I already said that roasted veg goes with any meal, and it is true. Here are some of our favorites meals for serving up alongside roasted veggies:
- Bottom of the Jar Chicken
- Garlic Butter Steak
- Crispy Fried Chicken
- Smoked Whole Chicken
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Healthy One-Pot Chili Mac
- Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Casserole
- Classic Pulled Pork
Should You Add Salt Before Roasting Vegetables?
You can season roasted vegetables before or after you roast them.
Why Do Roasted Vegetables Get Soggy?
Sometimes the veggies end up too close to each other and they tend to steam rather than roast. When roasting vegetables, make sure they are spread out on the pan and not touching each other.
Can You Roast Frozen Vegetables?
Yes, you can roast most frozen vegetables. If roasting frozen veggies, there’s no need to thaw them first (in fact, that can result in soggy roasted veggies). However, we prefer roasting fresh vegetables as that gives us the best flavor and texture.
How to Reheat Roasted Vegetables
Skip the microwave and reheat your roasted vegetables in the oven! Put the vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with some olive oil so they don’t dry out. Bake at 450 degrees F for 4-5 minutes.
Are Carrots Good For Your Eyes?
Carrots are high in the antioxidants lutein and beta carotene, which have been shown to protect your eyes. Carrots are also good for your digestion, heart, skin, and overall health.
Are Roasted Vegetables Healthy?
All vegetables that are cooked lose a little of their nutritional value, but roasted veggies are still very healthy for you.
What Are the Best Vegetables to Roast?
One of the great things about making a roasted vegetable medley is that you can use whatever your favorite vegetables are! Consider using the following instead: Brussels sprouts, zucchini, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, or asparagus. All would be delicious!
Tips for Making the Best Roasted Vegetables
- Oven temperature: The oven needs to be set to 400 degrees F when roasting vegetables. If the heat is set too low, you’ll bake the veggies not roast them.
- Spreading out the veggies: The vegetable medley should be spread out evenly on the sheet pan. Don’t let the vegetables overlap, otherwise they’ll steam rather than roast.
- Seasoning: We LOVE the seasoning on this roasted vegetable medley, but you’re welcome to use your favorite spice blend(s) instead!
More Easy Vegetable Recipes:
- Oven Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans & Carrots
- Roasted Garlic Vegetables
- Grilled Vegetables
- Roasted Root Veggies
- Pesto Veggie Foil Packets
- One Pan Roasted Lemon Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Kielbasa, Potatoes, and Broccoli
- All SIDE DISHES here!
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Roasted Vegetable Medley
- 3 Carrots , peeled and cut into spears
- 2 Cups Green Beans , halved
- 1 Head Broccoli , chopped (use a large head)
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Kinder’s Buttery Steakhouse seasoning *see note
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with the carrots and beans. Drizzle the olive oil and seasoning and toss to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then add the broccoli, adding a little more oil and seasoning if necessary, and toss again. Bake another 15-20 minutes and serve!
- 1/4 cup dehydrated butter
- ¼ cup dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fine sea salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons dried basil
- 1 ½ tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried sun dried tomatoes, minced
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.