Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Cupcakes
Hello! I’m Melanie from over at Garnish & Glaze and today I’m sharing a yummy cupcake recipe. Everything is about pumpkin at this time of year so why not enjoy some pumpkin cupcakes?! You can never have too much pumpkin, am I right?!
I have a hard time making decisions especially between two very delicious things. I love pumpkin with cream cheese frosting but it’s also awesome with chocolate. So thanks to my indecisiveness these delectable cupcakes were born… and had a short life because they were just too good to resist.
A perfectly moist pumpkin cupcake covered in rich chocolate ganache and topped with cinnamon cream cheese frosting– these Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Cupcakes are seriously a dream come true!
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces (1/2 cup) semi sweet chocolate
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup butter (1/2 stick), room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with 12 paper cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix sugars together until there are no lumps. Mix in the oil and then the eggs one at a time. Add the pumpkin and vanilla and mix well. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Spoon batter into the cupcake liners filling ¾ full (about ¼ cup).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes and then allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Microwave heavy whipping cream for 45 seconds and then add the chocolate chips and let it sit for 2 minutes and then whisk together until smooth. Allow to sit and cool for 5 minutes and then spoon about 1 teaspoon onto the top of each cupcake. Let the ganache cool and set for about 10 minutes before piping on frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Mix in the vanilla and then add the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and the powdered sugar a little at a time mixing on low. Cream until fluffy and smooth. Place frosting in a piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe on top of the ganache covered cupcakes.