Impress your friends and family with this easy and flavorful BBQ salmon recipe in the air fryer. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and healthy dish that everyone will love.
When you cook salmon fillets in the air fryer, the edges getting all crispy and delicious while center stays flaky and moist. It’s so fabulous! It only takes 3 quick (less than 15 minutes!) and easy steps to make this no hassle salmon recipe!
Ingredients for Air Fryer BBQ Salmon
You will only need 5 ingredients to make these air fryer salmon fillets and there is practically no measuring needed! This is the perfect recipe for a busy weeknight when you still want to eat something healthy. Here is what you will need:
The details for all the ingredients can be found in the recipe card at the end of this post.
How to Make BBQ Salmon in the Air Fryer
- Prep: Preheat the air fryer and rub the fillets with the BBQ rub and butter (or olive oil).
- Cook: Place the salmon filets in the air fryer skin side down and cook for 7-9 minutes. Time may vary based on the size of the fillets and the size of your air fryer.
- Serve: Brush some barbecue sauce and honey on top and serve!
These instructions can also be found in the recipe card down below. The recipe can also be saved or printed from there.
Watch How to Make Airfryer Salmon
Do You Season Both Sides?
Only the flesh side of the salmon fillet needs to be seasoned since we cook the salmon with the skin on but we won’t eat the skin. And don’t hold back on the seasoning! I love my salmon with lots of flavor!
Do You Remove Salmon Skin Before Cooking?
I always cook salmon with the skin on. It’s almost like a little protective barrier in the air fryer to keep the salmon from getting dried out. Once it is cooked, it is super easy to remove the skin and serve it.
What to Eat with Air Fryer Cooked Salmon
Pairs well with
Can I Use Frozen Salmon?
Yes, you can absolutely use frozen salmon! You don’t even have to thaw it beforehand. If you want to use frozen salmon, you will just need to increase the cook time. Place the frozen salmon fillets into the air fryer for 8-9 minutes, then pull them out and add the BBQ rub and butter, then cook another 6-7 minutes. Proceed with the recipe as written.
Health Benefits of Salmon
Salmon is super healthy and has many health benefits. Eating salmon is known to reduce artery inflammation and lower cholesterol levels. It also helps maintain blood pressure and is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin A and vitamin D. It is also high in protein and low in fat.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
There are many reasons that you’ll love this recipe, but first is how quick and easy it is to get a healthy dinner on the table! Using the air fryer also kind of dupes the grill, so you can have BBQ salmon all year round. The ingredients list also short and simple and totally customizable to your liking.
Storing and Reheating
Leftover salmon should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for 3-4 days.
It can be eaten cold (I love it on top of a salad for the lunch the next day!) or warmed up, but salmon can dry out easily so I highly recommend warming it up in a covered baking dish in the oven at 300 degrees F for about 10 minutes.
We have baked salmon recipes and a grilled salmon recipe on the blog, so it was time for an air fryer salmon recipe! This BBQ salmon recipe is easy and so tasty! You can have a healthy dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes!
More Salmon Recipes You’ll Love
- Sweet and Spicy Orange Salmon
- Maple Bacon Mustard Salmon
- Teriyaki Salmon in a rice bowl
- Garlic Butter Salmon
- Apricot Lemon Salmon
Air Fryer BBQ Salmon
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- BBQ Rub, or Honey Hog Rub (see note for link)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, divided, or olive oil
- BBQ Sauce
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Rub each fillet with BBQ rub and place a pat of butter on top or drizzle with olive oil and then rub.2 Salmon Fillets, BBQ Rub, 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Place the salmon in the air fryer and air fry for 7-9 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon. Please note, times may vary depending on the size of the filet and air fryer. Open fryer and check for desired doneness. Return for 1-2 minutes as needed.
- Serve with a drizzle of BBQ sauce and honey.BBQ Sauce, Honey