We are going to have a little piece of Asia on the blog this week, let’s start out with Bacon Fried Rice.
My husband and I got this recipe a long time ago in a cooking classes and we have altered it to our liking.
This time we didn’t add carrots or peas, but we have in the past. We just dice up the carrots and pre cook them. You could also use ham, or chicken instead of Bacon.
Can Fried Rice Sit Out Overnight?
It is always safest to refrigerate rice within 2-3 hours of cooking it.
Rice isn’t doesn’t often cause illness, but there could be bacteria that survive the cooking process.
How Long Will Fried Rice Keep?
Fried rice will keep for 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
Store in an air tight container.
Can You Freeze Fried Rice?
For long storage of fried rice, you can freeze it.
Freeze in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
Bacon Fried Rice
Bacon Fried Rice
Recipe from some cooking class adapted by me
- 6 strips Bacon with fat trimmed off
- 2 Eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 4 Cups Rice Cooked, Cold (one day old is best)
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce Low Sodium
- Cook bacon in a 400 degree oven til crisp. Usually around 10-20 min depending on thickness.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a skillet over med heat.
- Add eggs and tilt pan all around so the egg coats the pan evenly.
- Cook and lift the edges to allow more egg to flow underneath.
- Remove to a plate and shred into strips.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat.
- Blend together the soy sauce and sugar.
- Add rice to pan and toss around to begin heating through.
- Add soy sauce mixture.
- Add eggs, onions, and bacon and heat through.