The most delicious fried rice has to come from using day old rice for that perfect texture, but add in bacon for a bacon fried rice and it’s out of this world!
Cade and I got this recipe a long time ago in a cooking class up at BYU-Idaho and we have altered it to our liking. Can you even believe how crazy it is to think that almost 20 years ago we were in college, needing an extra credit and wound up as Newlyweds in a cooking class? It was seriously all kinds of fun and I will always look back with the fondest memories of that time.
Especially since that’s when I learned that Cade can totally bust out a killer Apple Pie.
Can Fried Rice Sit Out Overnight?
It is always safest to refrigerate rice within 2-3 hours of cooking it.
Rice isn’t doesn’t often cause illness, but there could be bacteria that survive the cooking process.
How Long Will Fried Rice Keep?
Fried rice will keep for 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
Store in an air tight container.
Can You Freeze Fried Rice?
For long storage of fried rice, you can freeze it which is what I do literally every time that I make fried rice.
Freeze in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
Bacon Fried Rice
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Bacon Fried Rice
Recipe from some cooking class adapted by me
- 6 strips Bacon with fat trimmed off
- 2 Eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 4 Cups Rice cooked, cold (one day old is best)
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce low sodium
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Cup Cubed Carrots steamed
- Cook bacon in a 400 degree oven til crisp. Usually around 10-20 min depending on thickness.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a skillet over med heat.
- Add eggs and tilt pan all around so the egg coats the pan evenly.
- Cook and lift the edges to allow more egg to flow underneath.
- Remove to a plate and shred into strips.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat.
- Blend together the soy sauce and sugar.
- Add rice to pan and toss around to begin heating through.
- Add soy sauce mixture and steamed veggies
- Add eggs, onions, and bacon and heat through.