This Bacon Wrapped Chicken is always a hit when served at the family dinner table or as an appetizers at parties. Savory, juicy and delicious!
Brown Sugar Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
This bacon wrapped chicken is perfect for all of the football games that are grabbing Cade’s attention, or a party, or just too eat for dinner because it is so yummy!
The ingredients really come together to create the perfect flavors for this dish. I love that the brown sugar is balanced out so nicely by the chili powder. Neither one is overpowered by the other. It’s a perfect little relationship where each ingredient really gets to shine and they work so nicely together.
The brown sugar obviously give that little sweet and sticky aspect to the dish and football, and finger looking good appetizers should practically be married. Chili powder is not crazy spicy and it brings a little smokiness and flavor to an otherwise season-less dish.
On a random note, for next week’s game I agreed to try one of Cade’s favorite southern appetizers, fried pickles. I do not understand the whole fried pickle thing, but then again I’ve never tried one. Don’t hate me. So I searched for the absolute best recipe I could find and when I saw that my cute friend Becky from, The Cookie Rookie had a ranch fried pickle recipe, well obviously that had to be the one as her recipes are always, always awesome.
What’s Needed for Baked Bacon-Wrapped Chicken?
This baked chicken breast with bacon recipe is so easy to make and uses just a handful of ingredients!
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Brown sugar
- Chili powder
- Thinly sliced bacon
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
This baked bacon-wrapped chicken requires a little patience to wrap all the chicken pieces in bacon, but otherwise it’s a very straightforward recipe. Here are the basic steps:
- Cut each chicken breast into bite-sized cubes.
- Carefully wrap each piece of chicken in a piece of bacon (you don’t need to use an entire strip of bacon for each piece of chicken).
- Once wrapped in bacon, carefully toss the chicken pieces in a mixture of brown sugar and chili powder.
- Place the chicken onto a foil-lined baking tray. You want the loose ends of the bacon to be touching the tray.
- Bake until cooked through. Serve immediately.
How Long Will Baked Chicken Last?
Bacon-wrapped chicken will keep for 3-4 days. Wrap well in plastic wrap or foil and keep in the refrigerator.
Can I Prep Baked Chicken with Bacon in Advance?
Yes! To prep ahead of time, wrap the chicken in bacon, then cover the dish in plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. When you’re ready to cook, proceed with the recipe as usual.
What Type of Bacon Should I Use?
Any kind you like! You’re welcome to use pork bacon, turkey bacon, or another variety you love to eat. You can also use a flavored bacon if that’s what you prefer.
Tips for Making Brown Sugar Bacon Chicken
We use thin cut bacon because it wraps much easier around the chicken. The thin cut meat also allows the fat to render out by the time the chicken is done, allowing for crispier bacon and never overcooked chicken. In fact, because the chicken is smaller for an appetizer, the thick cuts of bacon tend to overpower the chicken.
If you really want to get crazy — and I know that this is something our daughter’s cute little friend would love — dip the baked chicken with bacon in ranch! I know, aren’t they unhealthy enough already?! But it’s ranch! Who doesn’t love ranch?!
Lastly, note that we’ve only made this brown sugar bacon chicken recipe as written, but I’m sure you could wrap entire chicken breasts in bacon and bake them off. Your cook time will be drastically increased since you’d be baking entire chicken breasts rather than bite-sized pieces, but it might make prepping this recipe for a family dinner a little easier.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes:
- Cheesy Southwest Chicken Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
- Cheesy Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Quick and Easy Cornflake Ranch Chicken
- BBQ Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- Panko Chicken with Lemon Cream Sauce
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken with Lemon Rice
- Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- Crockpot Chicken and Rice
Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts , cubed
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Package Thin Sliced Bacon
- Line a cookie sheet with foil. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Mix the brown sugar and chili powder in an 8x9-inch dish and set it aside.
- Wrap the end of the bacon around the chicken until bacon touches bacon on the underside.
- Cut the bacon strip and repeat until all of the chicken is wrapped.
- Set the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet with the cut ends of bacon down so they do not fall off of the chicken.
- Wrap chicken in bacon and toss in brown sugar.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through (depending on size of chicken).
- Serve immediately alone or with ranch.