Bacon wrapped chicken is always a hit when served at the family dinner table or served as appetizers at your next get together. Savory, juicy and delicious!
These bacon wrapped chicken are perfect for all of the football games that are grabbing Cade’s attention, or a party, or just too eat for dinner because they are so yummy!!
The ingredients really come together to create the perfect flavors for this dish. I love that the brown sugar is balanced out so nicely by the chili powder. Neither one is overpowered by the other. It’s a perfect little relationship where each ingredient really gets to shine and they work so nicely together.
A little bit of salty from the bacon, we use thin because it wraps much easier around the chicken. The thin cut meat also allows the fat to render out by the time the chicken is done allowing for crispier bacon, and never overcooked chicken. In fact, because the chicken is smaller for an appetizer the thick cuts of bacon tend to over power the chicken.
The brown sugar obviously give that little sweet and sticky aspect to the dish and football, and finger looking good appetizers should practically be married.
Chili powder is not crazy spicy and it brings a little smokiness and flavor to an otherwise seasonless dish.
If you really want to get crazy, and I know that this is something our daughter’s cute little friend would love, dip them in ranch! I know, aren’t they unhealthy enough already?! But it’s ranch! Who doesn’t love ranch?!
And speaking of ranch, for next week’s game I agreed to try one of Cade’s favorite southern apps, fried pickles. I do not understand the whole fried pickle thing, but then again I’ve never tried one. Don’t hate me. So I searched for the absolute best recipe I could find and when I saw that my cute friend Becky from, The Cookie Rookie had a ranch fried pickle recipe, well obviously that had to be the one as her recipes are always, always awesome.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Package Thin Sliced Bacon
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Mix the brown sugar and chili powder in an 8x9" dish and set it aside.
- Wrap the end of the bacon around the chicken until bacon touches bacon on the underside.
- Cut the bacon strip and repeat until all of the chicken is wrapped.
- Set the chicken on a foil lined baking sheet with the cut ends of bacon down so they do not fall off of the chicken.
- Wrap chicken in bacon and toss in brown sugar.
- Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through depending on size of chicken.
- Serve immediately alone or with ranch.
- See notes for tips.
Everyone’s favorite thing in the world right now is bacon and we’ve taken it to a whole new level wrapped around avocados and coated in a chili brown sugar awesomeness.
Who knew that something as simple as hot dogs could be so awesome?
Everyone’s talking about those cream cheese stuffed jalapenos but wait until you have our roasted bacon wrapped jalapenos with a hint of sweet from the strawberries!