This cheesy ham and potato bacon casserole is a long time favorite that I cannot wait to pass down to your family. Plus it helps use up leftovers! win!
It’s the most ridiculously easy casserole you’ll ever make and yet we looooove it. In fact, I even posted about this cheesy ham and potato bacon casserole on instagram and everyone was commenting or even emailing/texting me for the recipe.
A perfect dish for these chilly months or even better to save for when you need to use up holiday leftovers like hame, broccoli and new potatoes.
We all need something warm, easy, delicious and that uses leftovers at this time of year and trust me, this is it. And don’t worry, if you’re vegetarian you can easily add more veggies and skip the meat. I think this will even be loved as much as our busy day casserole that has gone so crazy with our readers.
Leftover Ham Recipes
I never know what to do with leftover ham, but my mom always made this casserole after the holiday as a way to use up everything she had sitting around. I believe it’s actually a recipe that she grew up with.
It uses the leftover ham, the potatoes because we always buy too many (we prefer red or golden potatoes because they are a little more creamy in taste and texture but a russet is fine too) broccoli because I swear that stuff is always chillin’ in the fridge and a little cream cheese from the leftover desserts.
Plus add some cheese and bacon and things just got all kinds of awesome.
I think one of the best things about this casserole is that although you have some chopping, and a little frying from the bacon, there really isn’t much else to do. It’s also really easy to let your kids help grate the cheese or chop the cream cheese and you know we are such big fans of that.
Cheesy Ham and Potato Bacon Casserole
Our cheesy ham and potato bacon casserole can be prepared up to a day ahead of time and then baked when you’re ready to get dinner on the table. Just cover it with foil or plastic wrap and store it in the fridge until you bake it. It’s also a great meal to deliver to someone who needs a little help with a new baby or sick family. So if you’re looking for a meal idea for a new baby, this is it!
And now I think I’ll go finish off the leftovers to this deliciousness.
Before we get to the recipe, and please feel free to just keep on scrolling if you just need the Cheesy Ham and Potato Bacon Casserole recipe, here are a few other ham recipes you might love. It seems like we always get a lot of emails requesting more ham ideas when we post this casserole, so let’s eat more ham together!
The most amazing glazed ham recipe you’ll ever make.
Sometimes it’s not just the ham, but the rolls that need to be used after a big ham dinner so turn your ham leftovers into these ham and cheese sliders!
Looking for something with a little more pizazz? Hawaiian Ham and Pineapple Casserole is fresh and super easy!
More HAM RECIPES You Will Love:
- World’s Best Brown Sugar Ham
- Ham Dipping Sauces
- Secret to the Best Ham Fried Rice
- Spring Ham and Asparagus Lemon Cream Sauce
- Ham Lemon Orzo with Parmesan and Peas
- Garlic Honey Mustard Ham
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Hawaiian Ham and Pineapple Casserole
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Stromboli
- Hash Browns Ham Frittata
- Ham Hock Soup
- Easy Ham and Cheese Scones
- Ham and Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese
- How to Make Ham in a Slow Cooker
- How to Carve a Spiral Ham
- All our BEST PORK RECIPES here!
Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Casserole [+VIDEO]Continue Reading
Teriyaki Beef CasseroleContinue Reading
Teriyaki Chicken CasseroleContinue Reading
Cheesy Chicken and Rice CasseroleContinue Reading
Tater Tot Pizza CasseroleContinue Reading
Hawaiian Ham and Pineapple CasseroleContinue Reading
Cheesy Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole [+ Video]Continue Reading
Coconut Curry Chicken and Rice CasseroleContinue Reading
Mexican Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Casserole [+ Video]Continue Reading
One Skillet Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas CasseroleContinue Reading
Cheesy Ham and Potato Bacon Casserole
- 6 Red Potatoes chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked ham chopped
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli chopped and steamed
- 4 ounces neufchatel or light cream cheese cubed
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 4 slices of bacon cooked
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x9" baking pan.
- Fill a pot with water and heat over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and boil until tender when pierced with a knife, about 8 minutes. SEE NOTE
- Drain the potatoes and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the butter and once it begins to melt add the onion.
- Saute until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Dump the onion and butter into the pot with the potatoes and add the broccoli, ham and cream cheese.
- Stir to combine, not worrying about spreading the cream cheese as it should be left in clumps and dump into the baking dish.
- Top with cheese and bake at 350 for 25 to 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with bacon the last minute and serve!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.