My family all reported that these cookies do in fact compete with brownies. Even the next day they were still squishy and soft. I’d say that’s a purdy darned good indication of deliciousness.
How Do You Know When Brownies Are Done?
There are a couple of ways to judge “doneness” when baking brownies.
Brownies will pull away from the sides of the pan when they are done.
Also, you can insert a toothpick near the center of the brownies to see if they are done.
Fudgy brownies will leave just a few moist crumbs clinging to the toothpick.
If you like cake-type brownies, bake until the toothpick comes out clean.
Do Brownies Need to be Refrigerated?
Fully cooked brownies will last a week or more.
Store them in an air tight container or seal-able plastic bag.
There is no need to refrigerate brownies.
How Do You Freeze Cookies?
The best way to freeze cookies is to set them out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Place them in the freezer for a couple of hours, until they are frozen.
Then transfer them to a freezer bag.
Cookies will keep for up to 3 months.
Better Than Brownies Cookies
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces German Chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper to help reduce sticking.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl and set it over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally, until completely melted, shiny and smooth.
- Meanwhile, stir together the eggs, vanilla and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add a little of the melted chocolate to the egg mixture, stirring continually to warm the mixture slightly thus avoiding curdles.
- Add the rest of the melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, folding them into the batter.
- Once all of the flour is incorporated, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1½ tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are set. Do not over bake!
- Leave to cool completely on the baking sheets.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 246 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 33.7mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 30.1g Fiber: 2.5g Sugar: 23.7g Protein: 3.5g