These Cookies and Cream Brownies using Hershey’s Cookies N Creme Candy bars were a reeeeaaallly huge hit at our house. I even went and picked up a huge supply of cookies n creme candy bars to keep with the chocolate chips so we always have some on hand. In other words, these are a new staple in our home. They will forever be a favorite.
How do You Know When Brownies are Done?
The most often used technique is to stick a toothpick in the center right around the time your recipe says it should be done.
If it comes out clean, it’s done.
If there are any traces of uncooked batter, let it continue baking for another few minutes and repeat the process until the toothpick comes out clean.
The brownies are perfectly fudge-y, gooey, chocolate-y, and delicious. I love that the top has that “crust” if you will and the rest is all tender, and as I’ve already mentioned, gooey. In fact, I would even go as far as to say that even if I just made it into a plain brownie it would probably be our favorite brownie recipe. But, it’s not just a plain brownie. That cookies n creme center is amazing. AMAZING. Oh my sweet deliciousness.
How do You Make Gooey Brownies?
Test for doneness before the recipe tells you to.
In addition to ingredient proportions, baking time greatly affects the consistency of a brownie, so it’s important to be attentive.
Fudgy brownies baked three minutes too short can be unpleasantly gooey; chewy brownies baked three minutes too long become tough and dry.
Can you see how melty and perfect these are? You will die. You will adore these brownies.
Can You Freeze Brownies?
To freeze brownies or bar cookies, cool brownies or bar cookies completely, but do not cut into individual servings.
Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, then wrap again with foil.
Freeze up to 3 months.
When ready to serve, thaw at room temperature before cutting into individual servings.
Cookies and Cream Brownies
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Cookies and Cream Brownies
Recipe By Me
- 1 Box Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix *See note
- 3/4 Cup Margarine melted, and cooled
- 1/3 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 Bag Hershey's Cookies N Creme small Candy Bars or a few King Size Bars 10 oz
- Heat the oven to 350
- Mix the cake mix, margarine and evaporated milk in the bowl of a standing mixer.
- Mix until completely incorporated. Dough should be thick, but very greasy.
- Press 1/2 of the dough into a greased 8x9 inch pan.
- Bake for 6-7 min or until the brownie is starting to firm up.
- Lay the candy bars evenly over the half baked brownie.
- Place a large spoonful of dough into your hand and press it out flat.
- Carefully lift one edge of the dough off of your hand, tilting the hand holding the dough, so that it comes off in one sheet, and place it over the candy bars.
- Continue "patching" the dough all over the candy bars until they are completely covered.
- Place back in the oven for another 15-18 min, or until set.
- These are a bit gooey, and the center is chocolate so your toothpick probably wont come out clean.
- Set aside to cool for 5-10 min. Enjoy!