Our cereal bars recipe came from a Costco Cookbook, but I only put in 1/3 of the sugar & we use whatever cereal I want instead of their cereal.
Making simple things like this from scratch always makes me feel like I’m providing the best for my family. If I make our food then I know exactly what goes into it and we aren’t eating a lot of fake or filler ingredients. These bars make a great high energy breakfast with a piece of fresh fruit and a tall glass of cold milk.
How Long Will Cereal Bars Keep?
Homemade cereal bars keep for about one week.
They should be stored in an air tight container.
Is It Safe To Eat Honey When Pregnant?
Yes, it’s safe to eat honey during pregnancy.
It is believed that honey is dangerous to babies because honey may contain bacteria that could make a baby sick.
But, that bacteria will not affect an adult, even a pregnant adult.
And, the bacteria will not pose a danger to an unborn baby.
Is Peanut Butter Good For You?
Peanut butter is very high in fat, but it is healthy fat.
Peanut butter is also high in calories.
Peanut butter is also a good source of protein.
Eating moderate amounts of peanut butter can be good for you, even if you are on a weight loss diet.
Cereal Bars (abt. 12 servings)
- 1 Cup Chunky Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Honey
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Box Healthy Cereal, 17 oz, I used Basic 4 in this pic, but we also like Live Active, Raisin Bran, Post Select series--Blueberry Morning etc.
- Heat the honey and sugar until it begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and peanut butter.
- Pour over cereal and mix.
- Cool in a greased pan or on wax paper.
These look great and easy to make!
What a great snack!