These are so soft and delicious. Sometimes homemade muffins don’t come out exactly like you would want them to be. They can be a little dry or too airy, but these are perfect. Not only do they smell like fresh baked cookies, but they taste like them too!! Your kids will go crazy for these!! And any time the kids are happy about what you made for a meal it’s a good day!
Are Muffins Healthier Than Donuts?
It depends on the muffin.
Many types of muffins are actually higher in fat and calories than donuts.
To know for sure, check the nutrition information.
How Long Will Muffins Last?
Freshly baked muffins will keep for about a week.
Muffins should be kept in an airtight container or in a plastic bag.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins
Recipe by BlogChef
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- ½ cup butter (melted and cooled)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (11 ½ ounce) package milk chocolate chips (or less)
- ½ cup walnuts(I left these out)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffins cups (or muffin tins).
- In a large bowl mix together flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl stir together eggs, milk, butter and vanilla until well blended.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour the milk mixture into the well and stir until well combined.
- Lightly stir in chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Spoon batter into muffins cups or tins.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes
Serving Size:1 batch
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 4127 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 629.1mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 541g Fiber: 16.5g Sugar: 327.5g Protein: 60.5g