Perfectly fluffy and moist pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips! Eat them with a hot cup of apple cider for breakfast or have a plate full ready for the kids when they get home from school!
Ok, settle a debate! Would you say these muffins are a breakfast food, a snack, or a dessert? I can see arguments for all three, and I’m happy to eat them for all three, but what is your opinion? Or does it even matter?
These muffins have all the warm pumpkin spices you crave in the fall and will fill even the strongest of pumpkin spice cravings. I bet you won’t be able to stop at just one muffin!
I wonder who had the thought to take a squash and put it into a sweet baked good. Heaven bless that person because pumpkin treats are some of my favorites! Give me a piece pumpkin banana bread or a large piece of gingersnap pumpkin cheesecake bars. So dang good!
Ingredients Needed for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
No surprises here with these ingredients. Head down to the recipe card for all the measurements. This is what you need:
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Canola Oil
- Sour Cream
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Canned Pumpkin
- Mini Chocolate Chips
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
These muffins are simple and come together in no time at all. I like to buy the three pack of large cans of pumpkin at Costco and then make pumpkin treats all fall and winter long. Here is how you make these pumpkin muffins:
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients except the eggs and then add the eggs and whisk again
- Combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients as well as the chocolate chips and pumpkin and mix together
- Pour batter into a jumbo muffin tin filling them 2/3 full
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve
Head down to the recipe card for the details!
- Don’t overmix the batter. There should be some streaks of flour in the batter.
- You can use a regular size muffin tin, just reduce the baking time to 15-17 minutes.
- Top each unbaked muffin with a few mini chocolate chips to make them extra pretty!
Do Pumpkin Muffins Need To Be Refrigerated?
Muffins can be stored at room temperature.
How Long Will Muffins Keep?
Muffins can be stored for 1-2 days at room temperature, or for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
Can You Freeze Muffins?
Muffins can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Whether you’re on team breakfast, team snack or team dessert, you’re going to love these pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips! They are the perfect bite of fall!
More Delicious Muffin Recipes:
- Costco Copycat Pumpkin Crumb Muffins
- Blackberry Pie Muffins
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Muffins
- Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Blackberries and Cream Muffins
- Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- Zucchini Muffins
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar dark
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs large
- 1 1/3 Cups Pumpkin canned, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips mini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a Jumbo Muffin Pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, sour cream, buttermilk and sugars. Add in the eggs and whisk again, but be sure to not over mix.
- Dump the dry ingredients, chocolate chips, and pumpkin on the wet ingredients and switching to a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, gently fold the ingredients together just until a few streaks of flour remain.
- Fill jumbo cupcake liners in a jumbo pan 2/3 full of batter. Or use a regular muffin tin.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes and then remove from the oven to cool completely.
- Sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar and serve.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.