Um, you can make brownies in a blendtec. Knucka whaaaa??! My friend Kristy’s husband, Brett makes them blender brownies (fancy that considering that her blog is, Sweet Treats and More) and before they moved to California they brought some over to share with us. Yeah, I was pretty much sold. Except, the food blogger in us always has to experiment so since I tend to make light desserts like these peach melba raspberry bars and lemon curd napoloeons I decided to get crazy and make chocolate lovers blender fudge brownies in our Blendtec blender!
And the frosting is pretty darn awesome too. I could have licked the whole bowl clean.
Our littlest celebrated her 4th birthday in June and requested brownies with ice cream for dessert. Our family clearly does brownies more than cake. I don’t know why but it’s the truth. Anyway, we tried to make the day really fun for her. She wanted donuts for breakfast, pizza for dinner and like I said, brownies and ice cream for dessert. By the end of the day I felt like someone should roll me to bed, but it was worth it.
We also took the kiddos to see How to Train Your Dragon 2. Um, so cute! I hardly ever like sequels. They tend to not be as good as the first movie, but we loved this one! It is so darn cute and I even heard that there could be a third! Now, that could be pushing it a little far, but we will still totally see it.
I cannot believe how talented people are that they can create such amazing graphics. AMAZING! Definitely a must buy when it comes out and this time we can enjoy the brownies while we watch it!
Can Brownies Be Frozen?
Brownies can be frozen successfully.
The type of brownie which has a cheesecake swirl or layer can sometimes “sweat” a little on thawing, but they will be perfectly safe to eat.
Just wrap cooled brownies well or place in an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Can Brownies Give You Heartburn?
Cocoa can cause a burning sensation in the esophagus.
Chocolate also contains caffeine and theobromine, which can increase symptoms.
Do Brownies Need To Be Frosted?
Brownies delicious with no frosting, with a little powdered sugar sprinkled on top, or frosted with your choice of frosting.
Chocolate Lovers Blender Fudge Brownies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 ounces semi sweet baking chocolate (3 blocks depending on the brand)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- pinch of salt
- Additional 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of flour.
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In the jar of your blender, add the butter, chocolate, and chocolate chips.
- Begin to blend, stop and add the eggs, cocoa, sugars, and vanilla, and salt then blend again until smooth.
- Add the flour, pulse a few times.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and chocolate chips.
- Sift off any extra flour and fold the chips into the batter.
- Pour into a greased 8x9" pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
For the frosting
- Using a hand mixer or clean jar for the blender, beat together all ingredients and frost the cooled brownies.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 476 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 105.2mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 58.1g Fiber: 3.9g Sugar: 37.3g Protein: 6.2g