I’ve been so into cookies n creme lately. I don’t know how I ever went so long without it?! This whole week is going to be full of cookies n creme. Today starts it off with Cookies N Creme Blossoms…
oh wait, before we move on to the recipe… Don’t forget that today is the LAST day to enter to win a Swiss Diamond Pan, made with REAL Diamond Crystals!
I love blossom cookies. Obviously I’m referring to the peanut butter and Hershey’s kiss version, but with so many flavors of kisses these days any true cookie lover must venture out and try a few new ones. I’m not a huge chocolate cookie fan unless there is something else to break up the chocolate overload. While I know that the kisses are chocolate I love how the white chocolate lightens these cookies up.
And because I feel like gabbing a little, I heard that it’s going to be getting colder here in Utah. I know a lot of you love the snow, but let me make sure you hear my opinion… HATE IT. It’s pretty to look at. From my warm house. With blankets. And a yummy treat 😉 But, other than that, I have no need for it. I don’t ski, snowboard, or snow shoe. Therefore I don’t do snow. Just sayin’. I’m curious what you all think about winter and what your weather is like? Do tell…
Can A Dog Eat A Chocolate Cookie?
Chocolate can be very toxic to dogs.
The toxicity is relative to the weight of the dog and the amount of chocolate it eats.
If your dog eats one chocolate cookie, it probably won’t hurt the dog.
But, a good rule is to keep all chocolate away from dogs.
Can You Substitute Cocoa Powder For Unsweetened Bakers Chocolate?
To replace one ounce of unsweetened chocolate, use 3 tablespoons cocoa powder plus 1 tablespoon butter, shortening or oil.
Dissolve the cocoa powder in liquid that is already in the recipe.
Cookies N Creme Blossoms
Recipe by Me
- 1/2 Cup Butter Flavored Shortening
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 24 Cookies N Creme Hershey Kisses, Unwrapped
- In the bowl of a kitchen Aid or large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar.
- Add the cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Mix again on low until just combined.
- Add the egg, vanilla and flour and mix until the dough comes together.
- Using a cookie scoop place the dough on a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet. (If you use two spoons just make sure you shape the dough into balls.)
- Bake at 325 for 12 min.
- Remove from the oven and quickly place a kiss in each center.
- Let cool for a min and remove from the baking sheet to a cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 213 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 29.1mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 23.8g Fiber: 0.8g Sugar: 8.4g Protein: 2.2g